Home Protein Urine Tests?? Keytones?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
rebecca

Re : Home Protein Urine Tests?? Keytones?

Postby rebecca » Sat May 08, 637982 11:32 am

I just went through this very thing. They are NOT the same thing. The pharmacists thinks when you say protein, that you're talking about the Atkins diet and want to see if you're in ketosis -- they actually said that to my husband and mocked him when he tried to explain what he was talkng about. I called several pharmacies, none carried the protein, but you can get it online. I decided not to because I already obsess about my bp and monitor it way too much and decided to let the dr worry about the protein--it'll cause me way too much stress.

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Sat May 08, 637982 11:32 am

Ok I looked up the last 24 hour Urine test results I got them at the hosptial before I left the other day and it wasn't completley done so I didn't get to see the results of the Protein however it wasn't Ketones that was high it was the Creatinine was low and the Creatinine Clearnace was high does anyone know what that means?

Kristi

kristi78

Postby kristi78 » Sat May 08, 637982 11:01 am

Ok I think i am going to take that advice that's the last thing I need is to worry about that all the time. I was just noticeing how many woman on here test both BP and urine at home and thought that maybe that is what I should be doing as well. I have called a couple places anyways and Kroger told me that Keytones are not the same as Protein and then CVS said they were so I was thinking about not messing with it anyways. Thanks
If i remember right I got my results from a 24 hour urine a couple weeks ago and I think they said my keytones were high but Protein was fine. So that makes since I might be thinking of something else though.

Kristi

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sat May 08, 637982 10:36 am

Kristi - protein strips are not the same as the keytone strips. The dipssticks are notoriously unreliable and if you're having regular OB check ups, personally, I think they may cause you more worry than they're worth. Better to have a home BP monitor and log your presures in my opinion.

kristi78

Home Protein Urine Tests?? Keytones?

Postby kristi78 » Sat May 08, 637982 10:15 am

I am thinking of sending my husband out to pick some up. Can you get it any grocery store or Meijers? Not sure where to send him or does he need to go to at CVS? An how much are they we might not even be able to get them now. How reliable are they the last thing I need is something to freak me out. LOL
Are the protein tests the keytone sp? tests?

Kristi

Return to “Ask the Experienced”