Well, I had my baby!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Well, I had my baby!!!

Postby sonja » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:50 pm

Congratulations - I hope that you are all home together soon.

kris21225

Postby kris21225 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Congratulations! Welcome to the world Alex. Just to let you know, I was on Mag before and after my C-section as well and my daughter had to spend 2 days in the NICU due to breathing issues. She was 35 wks too. But the breathing problem was due to the mag. Every so often she would just stop breathing. Not for long but for a breath or two and that was due to the mag that was in her system. After it cleared out, she was ok. I hope it's nothing more serious than that. Congrats again.

zoel

Postby zoel » Sat Jul 21, 2007 07:49 pm

CONGRATULATIONS

So glad your feeling much better, and YAY that Alex will be home with you really soon.

Take care, Zoe

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sat Jul 21, 2007 06:57 pm

Congratulations! I'm glad you get to bring Alex home soon.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Sat Jul 21, 2007 06:33 pm

What awesome news! Congratulations family!

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sat Jul 21, 2007 05:23 pm

Congratulations and welcome baby Alex!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Jul 21, 2007 02:02 pm

Congratulations! I'm glad they acted when they needed to; it is no fun to just lay there getting sicker.

Welcome Earthside, Alex!

usmcaviatorwife

Well, I had my baby!!!

Postby usmcaviatorwife » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:11 am

Hi girls! I just wanted to update you all...last Monday when I went to my first perinatologist appt, my bp was really high. I also had protein in my urine still, so the Peri decided she wanted to admit me overnight for observation and run some more tests. Well, Tuesday morning, she came in and told me they wanted to deliver that day! So, that afternoon, they took me in for my c-section and I delivered Alex at 35 weeks 4 days. He has been in the NICU since because of some breathing issues, but he is doing really well now and we are expecting to bring him home from the hospital on Monday. I got discharged on Thursday and am feeling 100% better than before. I do have to say, however, that they put me on Mag Sulfate before and after my c-section and all I can say about it is that is some evil stuff[xx(]! LOL! I didn't like the way it made me feel, but I can say that I am glad that I no longer have severe pre-eclampsia. So, I just want to thank all of you for being so helpful and giving me so much information about pre-eclampsia. This is an awesome source for that! Thank you all again!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”