getting worried!!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : getting worried!!!

Postby caryn » Fri Aug 03, 2007 09:48 pm

Darn it, I hate weekends.

Please do keep a close eye on yourself, do your kick counts, and head on in with any questions or concerns, even if it is an hour away. You're so close to the end, and with a history I know you'll take symptoms seriously. The end of pregnancy is when stuff gets weird, you know?

Here's a link to our Signs and Symptoms page, just in case:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

Take care, and keep us posted.

shawncloyd

Postby shawncloyd » Fri Aug 03, 2007 07:39 am

Update from Monday's appt. Sorry it took so long!!

They did decide to do a 24 hr protein. I guess I'll do it this weekend, we don't go back til Tuesday, and since we live about an hour away from the office, they said just to wait and bring it then!

The Amnio to check her lung maturity is still set for Aug 13 and if everything's okay there, the Csection will be Aug 14!!

At the appt this past Monday, her estimated weight was 5# 4 oz. If she keeps growing like she has been, she'll be twice the size of Ayden when he was born!! I won't know what to do with a full size baby!!! LOL

shawncloyd

Postby shawncloyd » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:30 am

Well, it's Sunday afternoon. The Drs office called back late Thursday and told me not to worry unless the bottom # got to 100. I told her again about my normal being 90/60, and she said that's fine! Told me to stay off my feet! I go early tomorrow morning for an ultrasound to check growth anyways, so maybe they'll do more!

Amy - I too felt totally fine when they told me with my last pregnancy I had Severe pre e and HELLP!! My 24hr protein was 7500+ and they had to beg me to stay in the bed!!! Now that I look back and realize how serious it is, I'm listening!!!

Thanks for everybody's advice and input! I'll let you know tomorrow how things go!

Have a great weekend!!!

zoel

Postby zoel » Thu Jul 26, 2007 09:07 pm

HI

I hope your doing as told and hopefully have been able to see the ob. Thats a pretty big jump from your baseline pressures.

Keep us updated when you can, huge congrats on making it this far along without many problems.

Take care Zoe

bookworm

Postby bookworm » Thu Jul 26, 2007 05:14 pm

Any more word from your OB's office? I would be wary of this jump in your bp. With my first baby, my normal bp was 90/60 like yours. By the time I got to pressures of 130's/80's, I was very sick but felt perfectly fine. The only symptom I had noticed was an increase in swelling. Seems to me that a round of bloodwork and a 24 hr urine are in order. And with the weekend coming up, you want to make sure your dr is aware of what's going on.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Jul 26, 2007 02:50 pm

Shawn,

have you heard back yet? How's that BP doing now? As Sonja says, that is a big jump from your baseline - especially as it is sustained even after rest. With your history, I'd be inclined to be proactive about getting seen - if you're still waiting around, I'd consider just heading on in to L&D for a full work up.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Thu Jul 26, 2007 01:32 pm

That is a huge jump from your baseline bp readings. I too would want to be seen by my OB if I were you - maybe a 24 hour urine test would be in order and some blood work. Take care and let us know how you are.

rachel a

Postby rachel a » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:55 am

Um, yes, do follow the nurse's orders, but in your shoes I'd be requesting to be seen regardless, but I'm not a doctor... with the sudden shift in bp I think you'd be in better hands with a thorough evaluation.

Let us know!

shawncloyd

Postby shawncloyd » Thu Jul 26, 2007 09:13 am

UPDATE - I called the Drs office. He still wasn't in from rounds at the hospital, but the nurse told me to stay off my feet and lay on my left side. If the Dr wants me to do anything different, she'd call back. I told her I was on my left side all night and that didn't seem to help, but I'll do it!

shawncloyd

Postby shawncloyd » Thu Jul 26, 2007 07:41 am

Thanks for the fast reply!! No other symptoms that I can tell. I have been seeing my OB once a week since 31 or 32 weeks. I've never had a NST, but who knows, I might now!! Yes, she is moving around good, very good!!! LOL I will be calling the Dr in about 30 minutes when they open.

BTW - my BP when my husband got home this morning, my BP was 128/84.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”