just diagnosed w/pe..update..need DR advice

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
onesock

Re : just diagnosed w/pe..update..need DR advice

Postby onesock » Mon Aug 20, 2007 02:17 pm

If your doctor did not mention the 24 hour urine or other tests, I WOULD! I know that the experts an here say that the laying on the left side is not an accurate measurement of BP, however, maybe your doctor wants to know what it would be if you are on constant, strict bedrest on your side? Regardless, I would push for the lab work, particularly if they found protein at your last visit. At this point, I would say that you are absolutely NOT overreacting...it is your job(and the doctors job) to make sure and stay on top of all of these things. Good luck..I hope you spend the next 24hrs filling a jug! Let us know :)

rachel a

Re : just diagnosed w/pe..update..need DR advice

Postby rachel a » Mon Aug 20, 2007 02:12 pm

Allison,

You are not overreacting. Not at all. Your concern is valid, and I am a bit concerned that they didn't have you come in. Could you possibly call back and request to have an appointment? Perhaps even request a 24hr urine?

Let us know!

arbarton

just diagnosed w/pe..update..need DR advice

Postby arbarton » Mon Aug 20, 2007 01:52 pm

I have been monitoring my BP and since last night before bed I have been getting readings of 155/90 and even higher. I am on BP meds. I called my doc and was told to lay on my left side for two hours and then take my bp again and call them back. I would like them to be more concerned.....I mean, imagine what my BP would be without the meds??? There was no mention of doing a urine check (they found protein at my last dr visit) or a blood test for PE labs. I am thinking of switching drs.....Am I overreacting????

Return to “Ask the Experienced”