Trying to hang in there....

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
stephie930

Re : Trying to hang in there....

Postby stephie930 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 02:41 pm

hope ur feeling better...how horrible they treated u like that i would go to the womens hospital if ur feeling that crappy
what a big baby u have!

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:24 am

I'm sorry you were treated like this how STRESSFUL! I would have flipped out LOL. SORRY!

denise

Postby denise » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:23 am

Abbie,

Checking in on you.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 09:17 am

Oh, you poor girl! That is HORRIBLE! I can NOT believe they treated you like that. I'd be calling whoever manages that office and report those incidences. Wow. I hope you are able to get seen again soon, somewhere. At least go to L&D if you have to.

Keep us posted!

brooklynsmom

Postby brooklynsmom » Thu Aug 30, 2007 08:49 am

Oh MY GOSH! I would definitely go to another hospital, switch OB's...anything! You were treated SO horribly! Keep us updated, you are in my prayers!

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:07 pm

Oh Abbie, That is NOT ON !!
If I were you I would be going to a different hospital or DEMANDING that someone see you at the L & D you went to. That is awful, you poor darling.
As for the delievery question.... I have had a 30, 34, and 35 weeker. My 34 and 35 weekers were AMAZINGLY well when they were born. Both had sucking reflex and both came home fighting fit after around 10 tens. With both, I had the two doses of steroids prior to their delivery.
Good luck hun. Let us know how you get on. I seriously really encourage you to get back to L&D and get checked out....Without scaring you...this is a serious disease that can escalate very quickly.
Will be thinking of you and sending prayers.
Love LUcy XX

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Aug 24, 2007 04:04 pm

Oh my goodness Abbie, I am so sorry you were treated like this. And I am shocked that a high-risk woman was turned away from an NST. Were any labs run due to your new symptoms of nausea, URQ pain, etc.? If in your shoes, I would really want those done - along with my NST. If you don't get anywhere by calling your doctor - sometimes a heart to heart really does work, then I wouldn't hesitate to go in yourself to L&D (either yours or the one you mentions) to get it checked out.

Please let us know how you're getting on.

ajparsons

Postby ajparsons » Fri Aug 24, 2007 03:58 pm

I am so upset....I went to my OB appointment today and was treated horribly...I am on strict bed rest...i was told to tell the laddie at the front desk as soon as i arrive....when I told the nurse her response was (so) and she slammed the window shut on me....after sitting there for 45 minutes she called me back to the window and said I owe money and that they where not going to see me until i pay them $150.00...I explained to her that I am high risk and felling very sick and need to see the OB...Next thing I know she called the collection department and here is was a big mistake...well once I finally got to see the ob she was in a hurry to get to lunch so she treated me like crap...She didn't even address my new symptoms and she said that we are going to wait until 37 weeks to induce now....I asked her hat happened to last week when she said we would induce no later than 35 weeks...She said that she realizes that but she has changed her mind...she also said that I should realize that the baby was going to weigh around 10lbs when born and to prepare for that...(i measure 39 weeks today)To top things off after my appointment I was to have my NST done but when I went to the birthing suite they told me they where way to busy to see me and sent me away...I just don't know what to do....I am still so very upset....I feel very tired and sick all the time...I am thinking of going to a womens hospital about a hour and half away...

onesock

Postby onesock » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Is is possible to have an amnio for lung maturity before induction? That might make you feel better. Just my opinion, but if I was in your shoes, I would go for the induction, especially if the lungs came back mature...then I wouldn't think twice. It is a scary thing and you have done fantastic making it this far:) I am just curious as to what your symptoms of allergy to mag were? Good luck and let us know what you decide:P

denise

Postby denise » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:39 pm

Congrats on making it so far. The end is the toughest, or at least it was for me. Have you had an indepth discussion with the OB about your choices? What does your partner think? Your physician and you know your health the best.

Good luck in the final piece of this race!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”