hyperthyroid?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mommyboo

hyperthyroid?

Postby mommyboo » Fri Feb 03, 637989 2:48 pm

As you can see from my sig, I've been through this a few times. I have many underlying risk factors for getting pre-e but the latest thing I read really perked my interest.

I have been told since I was 16 that I have borderline hyperthyroid. It would fluctuate back and forth and sometimes was borderline high and sometimes totally normal. I've never been treated for it. Reading the symptoms of hyperthyroid, I believe it is what I have.

In the last 8 years, I have lost weight rapidly after each pregnancy, actually loosing more weight than I started with but yet I have been eating anything I want. I'm EXAUSTED all the time even before getting pregnant yet I have a hard time going and staying to sleep. Recently I keep getting eye ticks, my throat feels like I keep getting something stuck in it (frog in my throat) and my neck feels swollen. I've also had really bad anxiety, and my hair is super dry. With all of that and the fact that I keep getting pre-e, I was sure I had found the cause.

When I went to the Dr and asked if he would also check my thyroid, the results came back normal. They are always normal, just on the high side of normal so I don't know if I should push the issue any further or not. Can your thyroid vary from day to day? Should I insist I be treated for it? I'm so tired of being tired and so worried about getting pre-e yet again. After my last baby I know my thyroid was bad enough they made me come back in twice to be retested but then did nothing. What should I do?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”