amnio tomorrow morning!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : amnio tomorrow morning!

Postby caryn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 07:36 am

((Liz))

The knife's edge is not a fun place, but I'm so pleased they're ready to move and watching you and Scarlett both closely. It sounds like you're getting great care, and whenever I hear stories where that is true, it's such a relief.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Sep 13, 2007 01:11 am

Oh Liz, I wish it weren't such a tightrope for you. I hope you have your little girl safe in your arms very soon.

e_allen

Postby e_allen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 01:03 am

Todays drs appt went as well as could be expected - with few tears and we left feeling okay. I am having an ultrasound on Monday and, IF, anything odd shows up on the ultrasound or my blood pressures continue to climb, we will do the c-section on Tuesday. We are not expecting either of these things to happen though so... We are going to have a repeat amnio on Wednesday. If she is transitional (remember she was only 6 points away), we will have a c-section - that evening by the earliest, Friday by the latest. If she is still immature (which we really don't even want to think about), we are looking at delivery the following week. While my OB said he doesn't think we'll still be pregnant on the 29th (the day of my brother-in-law's and best-friend's wedding), we could be delivering that day. BUT, that is only IF she is still immature on Wednesday. So, she's got 8 days to go from 295 mPOL to 289 mPOL (or lower). Here's praying that we can do that.
There is nothing we can do to help her along - steroids do almost nothing at this point, while they might lessen the time she may need to be on a ventilator (God forbid) it would now have any effect on "the numbers". It looks like, I hope, I hope, I hope, we'll be having her on the 20th.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 08:28 pm

I just read Janell's story and I am so sorry for your loss. You have my extra prayers you and your family have been through enough and I really hope that things go good for you. I will be waiting for your post about your uneventful delivery of your baby girl. I cried through your whole story.........please keep us updated.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 07:56 pm

I'm so sorry you didn't get the mature results for your girl! I can't imagine being in your shoes right now I would be scared to death. Wishing you lots of sleeping vibes so you can sleep and not worry until your little girl arrives!

lucy21

Postby lucy21 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 07:10 pm

Liz,
I'm so sorry you got that result. Crossing my fingers that you can deliver soon. Take care sweetie.
Lucy X

zoel

Postby zoel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 06:48 pm

OH LIZ

Wishing you and your baby girl all the very best. love Zoe

cindync

Postby cindync » Wed Sep 12, 2007 01:09 pm

Good luck! I really do not come to this site much, but I came specifically to look for an update on you.

I hope they get you delivered ASAP. A few days in the NICU is worth knowing your baby will be safe and here with you.

By the way, that is a really beautiful name she will have!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 01:06 pm

OH, you poor thing! Big hugs!! I am SO sorry her lungs came back as immature and not even transitional. How frustrating. I hope your OB can give you some answers so you guys don't have to wait 2 weeks. Or maybe your BP will level off and behave which would be even better (is that possible.. does it ever happen)!!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:26 pm

I hope your OB can come up with a reason to deliver - without you or Scarlett needing to develop any more problems. That waiting, especially when you are in a balancing act, is torture. I was going to mention that the fact her lungs came back immature does not emphatically imply that she would need NICU time; my peri told us the same thing about Ella. I hope you can get some answers and a plan down tomorrow.

Thinking of you,

Return to “Ask the Experienced”