Bedresters...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mistym03

Re : Bedresters...

Postby mistym03 » Mon Jul 06, 637998 10:26 am

oh that has to be hard to say goodbye to your little girl I get upset when I have people watch alex a couple times a week because he is just so hyper but I end up missing him after a few hours [:(] just keep thinking your close and it will all be over soon and the reward is soooo wonderful a precious little baby you get to love and care for forever [:D] I cant wait for myself and for you haha goodnight!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Mon Jul 06, 637998 9:02 am

Yeah, I had another total meltdown today. I used to only have them about once a week but it seems now they are coming on daily. I guess the hormones are multiplying and I'm just growing weary of being here. My husband and daughter came to see me and we were hanging out and then my mother in law came to pick up my daughter and my daughter just started crying and saying "No, I don't want to go, I want you mommy. I want you mommy." I felt sooooo bad making her go. I do not think there is a worse feeling than not being able to care for your own child. She is 3 yrs old and having to deal with things that I can't even handle and I'm 30 years old. I know she will not remember any of this and will be fine but in the mean time my heart aches and breaks for her. She has done so well and my mother in law called me about 30 minutes after they left and let me talk to my daughter and she was happy and laughing and playing. That made it a little more bearable. My sister is coming to visit from Georgia on Dec. 9 and I am going to let my Dr. know that I WILL be home by then. That would mean he would have to induce me at 38 1/2 weeks instead of 39 weeks to make sure I'm home in time to see her. He had better agree to it or else!!!!!!!! I hope everyone sleeps well tonight and keeps their nausea under control. Good luck.

mistym03

Postby mistym03 » Mon Jul 06, 637998 2:20 am

oh lee that stinks that your hubby will be gone all day tomorrow but at least you will have a chance to get to see your daughter that would bring a smile to any mommy's face [:D] I feel really bad for you I cant even imagine being in your shoes my bed rest is getting to me and I am at home and dont always follow the rules [:I] I cant imagine having nurses checking in on you all day long grrr i would get frustrated to so I say cry away I would probably cry all day long I mean I cry now and my situation isnt that bad but I still cry I guess it is all the prego hormones!!

Stacie, I didnt even think about all the craziness that would be going on this friday!! oh geez that should be a wonderful experience hahaha maybe it will be our lucky day though hehe we will both go in get so stressed over all the craziness and just go into labor [:D] ah that would be great!!

Trish, I hope you get some sleep tonight no sleep always makes everything worse ugh [:(]

well girls I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow I dont know if I will go anywhere since I always feel so terrible and my nausea and headaches are back full force lately so I might just stay at home and eat while hubby and alex to the inlaws then they can bring back some food for me but who knows if I will even be able to eat it I swear I can deal with the pain of stretching and contractions or anything else but the sickness is what gets to me I just cant stand to feel sick all the time [:(]

onesock

Postby onesock » Sun Jul 05, 637998 11:50 pm

Lee, I will be sure and check in on you tomorrow, so you won't feel so lonely!! Everytime I read your posts, I relive my own hospital stay and I can physically feel how you are feeling :( I remember when I would have my crying breakdowns and the nurses just learned to stay away...then my doctor would come in and say "I hear you've been crying all morning" DUR! You try it buddy...it is hard. I hope today is a better day...how much longer until we get to meet the little one?

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sun Jul 05, 637998 2:50 pm

My pizza was delicious. I cried a lot yesterday morning and was just having a bad day and I guess the nurses felt sorry for me because they didn't even gripe at me about eating it. My blood sugar was good even after eating 4 pieces. I would have liked to have eaten more but I was afraid of how high my blood sugar would be. I can't wait to not be diabetic again. My shots from breakfast and lunch today have both made huge knots and bruises on my arms. My husband will be on duty tomorrow, he's a firefighter and works 24 hrs on and 48 hrs off so I will not get to see him tomorrow and that sucks!! My mom had surgery today and so she'll be out of it and my dad will be taking care of her. My mother in law is going to bring me yummy Thanksgiving food though and she'll bring my daughter to see me so I guess my hospital Thanksgiving won't be too bad. They are leting a few girls have a 3 hour pass to go home but I wasn't privileged enough to get one. There has been a baby explosion over the past 24 hrs. at the hospital I am at. I'm hoping to maybe get out of this bedresters club and join the new mommies club...I won't hold my breath though.

trish5

Postby trish5 » Sun Jul 05, 637998 12:55 pm

thanks, yeah last night I was up for 5 hours after the steroid shot, I'm sure tonight will be the same. Trish

sb1201

Postby sb1201 » Sun Jul 05, 637998 10:33 am

Misty maybe that is a good sign that we are both going in that day. Although I am not looking forward to it too much since they will be short staffed and according to the nurse who tried to schedule me they are not taking any appointments because every OB in town is sending their patients in that day. So I am to expecet to be there at least five hours. Maybe the stress will just put me into labor!

Trish sorry to hear you are on bedrest now. It isn't much fun. The first few days were a nice break from reality but I am so ready to get back to my old self, even the laundry! I too feel pretty much OK so it is hard to stay down. Like Lee said, mostly my bad feelings come from frustration and also I get really sore just laying around. It's so good to hear that you have such a great doc, that should help make this process a bit easier for you.

Ashlee, I am so jealous that you are able to schedule your delivery now! Take out sounds great! A good friend of mine invited us over for the day so I can just kick back at their house. They have a ton of kids so my kids just stay entertained the entire time. I felt like a mooch not bring anything to contribute so we are going to bring a Honey Baked Ham (YUM) and some pies from Costco. This way I don't have to cook anything.

Lee, how are you hanging in there? Hopefully you enjoyed you pizza the other day!

Well, I think I am starting to loose my mucus plug. (I won't gross you out with the details) I don't ever remember that happening with any of my other pregnancies. Maybe I will just go into labor on my own soon. They checked my cervix yesterday so maybe all the poking around dislodged somenthing?? I am dialated to a 1-2 and thinning out, so I hope something is going on!

Take care girls!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sun Jul 05, 637998 9:42 am

Trish, welcome to our little club, sorry you had to become a member. I too have felt fine almost all of the 11 weeks I've been on bedrest. The days I feel bad are more just days of depression and frustration, not physically feeling bad. The shots made me crazy. B/P and HR up, couldn't sleep and couldn't be still. I got them on my 2nd hospital admission and I would just get up and walk in circles in my room because I couldn't leave the room and I thought I would lose it if I had to stay in bed any longer. I'm glad you have such a wonderful doctor. Mine is making me wait until 39 weeks, I'm hoping to go into labor on my own sooner than that. I know bedrest is frustrating but try to do it. I feel it has bought me this extra time after being diagnosed with pree at 25 weeks. I am so sick of it but my baby will be so much better off for having done it. Just get on here and vent and gripe as often as necessary, we all do it and it helps get you through the rough spots. Good luck to you and take care of yourself.

trish5

Postby trish5 » Sat Jul 04, 637998 1:55 pm

we will be 34 weeks on Friday. I think this bedrest thing is so much harder while you are still feeling ok, its so tempting to do a load of laundry here and there and the dishes. I finally broke down and loaded the dishwasher. I can not sleep after that steroid shot, so I am up with my feet up at the computer working for a couple of hours. That will really help, that I can work from home.
I have to get one more steroid shot tomorrow (well, I guess today). My doctor said that as long as I am 34 weeks (I live in a smaller town and they wont deliver before 34 weeks - I would have to be airlifted to St. Louis) that if my blood pressure rises anymore I will be induced while the baby and I are still doing good. She said if anything goes downhill, she will induce. She said the baby looks really good, and is at 55%. If it stays the same she will induce at 36 - 37 weeks, that we can make the decision together. She really is the best dr I have ever had. She even said if she isn't on call, she will come in to deliver the baby.

afort

Postby afort » Sat Jul 04, 637998 1:13 am

Just wanted to say I'm still here too and I'm LOVING my doctor right now. Today was my 35 week apt (been on bed rest for 4 weeks now) and she scheduled my induction for 37 weeks AND after looking at my cervix (high and closed) gave me the option to do a scheduled c-section!! Hubby and I discussed it all night and after reading a few more labor stories, I think I'm going to do it... it'll be so nice to know when I'm having baby Amelia. :) I'll find out the date tomorrow and let yall know.

Hang in there girls, don't let Thanksgiving stress any of you out. We're getting take out from Lubys. :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”