Trip to L&D

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re : Trip to L&D

Postby alviarin » Sat Jun 13, 637998 12:55 pm

I'm sorry you are hurting right now.

I had round ligament pain in my first pregnancy- I thought I had appendicitis one day since the pain on the right side of my abdomen kept me throwing up. I wound up at the hospital- of course every bump on the road on the way there was killer. The pain started to fade with rest over the next few days, and was totally gone within a few weeks.

When I strained my broad ligaments during my second pregnancy (sprinting after my toddler) I found chiropractic adjustments to be a huge relief. My chiropractor also gave me some exercises to do that helped, then and when my pelvis was giving me problems post-partum.

I hope you feel better soon.

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Fri Jun 12, 637998 5:23 pm

Trish, when I say race I imagine more like turtles! In more ways than one, if we end up on our backs we may be hosed! My last pregnancy I was playing softball until I was 6.5 months along. Now I couldn't even swing a bat if I wanted to(think turtle on back screaming in pain!).
Fiona, Thank you, she is a ham for the camera. This week she has started telling people she has pretty red hair! Apparently she hears it often enough she just started repeating it!

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Jun 12, 637998 3:30 pm

Jen,

can I just say what an adorable little girl you have right there? Her avatar has put a smile on my face more than once today.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Jun 12, 637998 11:46 am

Trish the race is on!

LMAO thinking about us "racing"!! More like waddling as slowly as possible because of all our aches and pains then stopping for a few dozen pee breaks while corraling toddlers!!

sb1201

Postby sb1201 » Fri Jun 12, 637998 9:13 am

Oh I totally understand! I didn't have this pain with any of my other kiddos, but this one is pure torture! It gets better when I am laying down but when I get up and move around I feel like my belly may rip right out of my skin. I think it must be from being on bedrest for me because the ligaments didn't have a chance to work out so now when I do walk around they scream "I don't think so!!"

Go ahead and whine, I am right there with you. My mom called last night and asked what I was doing. I said I am rinsing the dishes from dinner. She scolded me and said I was supposed to be lying down. But I think I have secretly loosened up on my bedrest restrictions in hopes that my Bp's will rise and I'll have to be delivered. I feel guilty because I don't want anything bad to happen, I just want this to be over!

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Fri Jun 12, 637998 9:08 am

Thanks guys for making me feel somewhat less alone! I will try my exercise ball, didn't think of that one. I finally gave up and started taking the pain meds she prescribed for me. I was really hoping they would make me feel perfect! It does help some though. Mostly I just don't care as much that it hurts! 10 weeks and counting if I have to go to 39 weeks! Trish the race is on!

onesock

Postby onesock » Fri Jun 12, 637998 6:42 am

I am so glad that they are letting you be in a room for the glucose test, so you can lay down. I am so sorry that you are having so much pain...have you tried sitting on one of those labor balls, or would that just make it worse? I hope it gets better!

trish5

Postby trish5 » Fri Jun 12, 637998 4:20 am

I can't understand the pain, but I can still listen to your venting and know my turn will be soon! It's nice to have people to share it with and don't care how much you vent, they will still be there to listen...so vent away!

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Fri Jun 12, 637998 3:28 am

The round ligament pain is definitely much worse the second time around. They also said my pelvis is separating which is killing me. I have asked multiple people (physicians, nurses, other patients) and nobody really knows anything that will make it better. Some suggest getting a belly support belt thing. Turning over in bed at night is absolutely excrutiating. The only way I have learned to tolerate turning is to try to move the bottom half of my body in "one piece." Basically, try to only move both legs at the same time. Pretend your legs are tied together at the knees. Also, I don't know if you are on bedrest, but if you are not some say physical therapy or chiropractic therapy can help tremendously. I can't participate in either one so I cannot speak from personal experience. I am so sorry you are hurting so bad, it is no fun. And no, you are not crazy for wanting b/p to stay up and speed up delivery. I think most of us feel that way. We want healthy babies but we want this to be over. So then you are left feeling guilty because you want this to be over but you know it might not always be the best thing. Hang in there and vent as often as necessary, I've learned it really helps. Take care of yourself.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Thu Jun 11, 637998 7:50 pm

I don't know if I can make it 10 more weeks in this pain. How bad is it to wish my bp's would be high when I go in so they agree to do my c-sect at 37 weeks instead. I know I sound like a selfish whiner, but I have not slept more than an hour at a time in weeks. I just need to vent and it seems like no one understands how hard it is to be miserable and pregnant and mom to a 2 year old.
I totally understand!!! Especially the miserable and pregnant AND a mom to a 2 year old (plus a 4 year old here). I "only" have 7 weeks until my induction but I don't know how I'll make it until then with my back and sciatic pain - while doing everything that needs to be done for 2 major holidays on top of it all!!

You may think you sound like a selfish whiner wishing your BP's would be high so they'll deliver you sooner but if you're a selish whiner then I am too!! 36 or 37 would be great IMO - the sooner the better (after 35 weeks).

I started having bad swelling in my feet and my left hand this weekend and I actually thought - if this keeps up it might be a reason to deliver a little sooner. Crazy I know!! (((HUGS))) to you.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”