update on me

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
onesock

Re : update on me

Postby onesock » Wed Jun 24, 637998 4:31 pm

Yeah for the wheelchair rides!!! Those were the highlight of my days...that and when I got my rootbeer. :) Hang in there. You are strong, you just get in a zone, especially when you are confined to a hospital room, where you become numb...I personally think it is a survival tactic...it was always easier for me to be just blah then either really up or really down. YOU ARE STRONG...it takes a lot to do what you are doing :) Oh, the JOY you will feel when baby is born healthy and you can both go home together :)

heather100

Postby heather100 » Wed Jun 24, 637998 4:30 am

I'm sorry you are still on bedrest. I guess it's good that the babe can cook a bit longer. That stinks about your protein being so high and the babe's stomach measuring small. I hope it all catches up and your lil' one is just fine.

Hang in there. Keep us posted. Oh, and enjoy your pizza!!!!!!!!!!

trish5

Postby trish5 » Wed Jun 24, 637998 2:33 am

sending hugs your way...you are almost there! You need to get a big calendar and start puting big X's on each day and before you know it..you'll be there. That's what we have started doing, my youngest gets to do the X's each day. I just can't imagine in the hospital that long...you are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Wed Jun 24, 637998 1:45 am

My peri here said that if I got GD again, he'd prefer me to be on insulin to help the baby grow. So maybe pizza will help the little one too???

On the serious side -- sometimes the people around us have more faith in us than we do. That's for a reason. Without them, we might give up hope. With them, we know we have shoulders to lean on.

You can do it.

And it will be worth it.

Hang in there and cry whenever you want ... hope you enjoy your rides today as well as the pizza!

(((hugs)))

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Tue Jun 23, 637998 7:52 pm

Well, no such luck. He says the baby is just too small. He said if I can make it to 39 weeks we will be lucky to have a 5 1/2 lb baby. Although she is 2 weeks behind in stomach measurements (which concerns me) he says that since my fluid is still ok that she is still getting enough blood flow. I know our goals are the same, a healthy baby, but I am about to lose my mind. I am 36 wks 3 days today and 39 weeks seems so far away. I had a total crying meltdown this am but am better now. Everybody just keeps saying how strong I am and that I can do it but apparently they have more faith in me than I do or else they realize what I have known all along, I don't have a choice. It is about 80 degrees outside today so I will get my husband to take me out in the wheelchair for my two 30 minute out of room/bed breaks I am allowed per day. I think the walls of this hospital room are closing in but thank God it's a private room. I cannot imagine being in here this long (4 weeks 4 days so far) and having to share a room and bathroom. OK, so there is my positive statement for today- I am happy to have a private room. Hope everyone else is doing well. Oh and I am ordering a pizza for lunch today. My nazi nurse will likely give me a hard time as if I am 5 years old but I don't care. What are they going to do, kick me out for not eating their hospital food? I would welcome that. If it makes my blood sugar go up a little I can just get a little extra insulin today. Yeah for pizza!!!

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Jun 13, 637998 4:00 am

I will be thinking of you and praying that induction is in sight...hopefully your dr will be a little more chatty tomorrow and you can get some answers :) HUGS

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Fri Jun 12, 637998 11:20 pm

The calcium spots are areas where the placenta is dead or dying. It can be a sign that the baby is not getting adequate nutrition but that is not always the case. I think for as far along as you are, a grade 3 placenta may be par for the course. The placenta will age and calcify during any pregnancy, even a completey normal one. My placenta was a grade 3 for 6 weeks before I delivered and my baby was 5 lbs. 7 oz. at 33 weeks. The high-tech medical term my doc used to describe my placenta at my c-section was "gnarly"!

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Fri Jun 12, 637998 5:14 pm

Hugs hun, not to sure what the calcification means. I know my doc considered a jump of 400 to be big, but at that point she had said we were delivering if anything was even a tiny bit worse

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Fri Jun 12, 637998 5:13 pm

I don't know about calcifications - but someone who knows more will jump on here soon. What was your bp today? I am glad that you are seeing your OB tomorrow - you can find out his plan of attack and when and for what he plans on an induction. Take care and let us know how you are.

jamie w

update on me

Postby jamie w » Fri Jun 12, 637998 5:09 pm

My protein is now up to 950. My sono today showed the baby 2 weeks behind on stomach growth. Estimated fetal weight is 5 lbs 10 oz. My placenta was fine last week and now grade 2-3 calcification. Please oh please let me be induced soon, I don't think I can go another 3 weeks like this!!!!!! Can someone enlighten me about calcification, I know it means the placenta is aging but at what level does it affect the baby? Also, my protein is up almost 400 mg from last time, it was 588 last week. Is that considered a big jump? It has been fluctuating between 500-700 since 25 weeks and I am now 36 weeks and it has jumped up. My doctor wasn't very talkative today so I will try to pin him down tomorrow but just wanted some experienced opinions for today.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”