I just need to vent ...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
bookworm

Re : I just need to vent ...

Postby bookworm » Sat Jun 13, 637998 10:18 am

Christina, I am so glad that you're being seen tomorrow. Please let us know how the appointment goes. How awful that you had to hear all that from someone whose opinion you value. As if you haven't been through enough! Sending huge huge hugs and prayers your way (and kisses for little Niko).

trish5

Postby trish5 » Sat Jun 13, 637998 8:12 am

I know how hard it is when people can't understand what you are going through. I have had a daughter with a periodic fever siorder that she would get a fever that would go up to 105 and be very sick for 5 days every 28 days. We went through this for over two years and nobody could understand how rough it was. People would say, at least its not lifethreatening. And I'd be thinking at least not this month. It was really unbelievable how unsympathetic people could be, and most times it seemed that strangers were always more caring than relatives and close friends.

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Sat Jun 13, 637998 7:15 am

Christina, I am so relieved that you are being seen tomorrow and I hope you get some answers. I don't like the combination of symptoms you have going on.

Keep us posted.

alaskamommy

Postby alaskamommy » Sat Jun 13, 637998 5:20 am

Thanks so much everyone. The friendships I've made here mean so much to me!

I finally got an appointment with my PCM tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. (I had to call 2 more times!). They had a cancellation - or else I'd have had to wait to the end of December! At least it's a doc, even tho not an OB. I'm just happy to see anybody - especially with these chest pains. They're not sharp (I don't think I'm having a heart attack or anything), but they're painful and more frequent over the last couple days. And my BP was back up to 165/86 just a few minutes ago. (I guess my attitude must be really bad today! *wink*) All in all I feel pretty gross.

Caryn, thanks for the smile. I had to think about a minute tho. =)

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Sat Jun 13, 637998 5:00 am

I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this still. I hope you got your 15 minutes with a dr. as well. Some people really need a sensor for their mouths! I also agree if you didn't go to the ER. I had a nasty infection in my incision that required antibiotics and nearly another hospital stay, and a friend had a uterine infection that did hospitalize her. Get that checked out soon! Hope your feeling better soon.

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sat Jun 13, 637998 4:40 am

I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time. That had to hurt really bad coming from someone that means a lot to you. I think it is easier sometimes for people to blame than to learn. It takes no brains to blame anyone for anything but it takes a brain to read and research and try to understand. Please get yourself to the doctor, even if it is at the ER. You know your symptoms and you need to trust yourself that if you feel something isn't right than it probably isn't. Good luck and feel free to come in here and vent as often as it takes...

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Jun 13, 637998 2:38 am

Those people SUCK! I am sorry that you got bombarded with that...I have had the same scrutiny. What do they know anyway? :) I HOPE that you got into your dr after posting...if not, can't you just go to the er? Keep us posted

msellers

Postby msellers » Sat Jun 13, 637998 1:20 am

I totally understand where you are coming from on that, My husband was on my case about being on the boards, because he thought I was bringing something on, I told him its a support group and It has really helped. I know that I will be expected to get back to normal quickly, hopefully I can, but If not I will have those negative voices from people that are the ones that really mean well but at the same time are not helpful with their comments. Hang in there, dont be afraid to speak your mind, even if it comes out rude!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Jun 12, 637998 11:14 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we really had that much control? Just stop preeclampsia with your mind!

I've seen, somewhere, a nicely put argument that stops some of this. Remember the idea that fear and stress could halt labor? If it does, why does anyone go into preterm labor? Surely women in preterm labor at 24 weeks are scared out of their minds...

I hope you get this sorted soon, and do feel free to continue accepting the existance of an external reality.

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Fri Jun 12, 637998 11:13 pm

I am sorry you are dealing with all this. I think in my family besides my mom and dh, no one understood. Dh's parents were very much .....your bring this on yourself blah blah blah. And now when they ask us when we will give them another grandchild, they are still saying why do you worry about it, if you worry like that then of course you will have PE again. It is so hard when people do not understand. Vent away hun. Oh and I am sorry you are still dealing with all the OB issues. Hugs

Return to “Ask the Experienced”