in the hospital

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
celticepona

Re : in the hospital

Postby celticepona » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:41 am

What a gorgeous baby you have there. :) Rest up and try to relax the best you can!

cindyh27

Postby cindyh27 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 07:24 am

So glad your home... she is a doll! Take it easy... hope you're feeling a little better now that you can rest in your own bed :) Keeping you two in my thoughts and prayers!

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Nov 30, 2007 07:52 pm

GLad you're ok. Do you go to a high risk clinic? I did for my pregnancy with Type 1. I went every 2 weeks during my pregnancy (2x a week starting at 33 weeks because of PE) and met with the CDE, dietian and endo each time. Made lots of pump adjustments and tested sugars 10-12 times a day. Let's just say after all of that (then developing HELLP), my baby days are over! Oh yeah, I worked full time as a day care teacher during my pregnancy too. I must have been nuts![:)]

Take good care of yourself and the baby to be! I'll be sending you positive vibes!!!

heather100

Postby heather100 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 am

Great pictures!!! How cool!

lynnekay

Postby lynnekay » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:27 am

Yeah, I am glad you are at home. Try your best to lie down as much as possible!!! It is great that your in-laws help you with the kids, I am sure that takes a lot of stress off of you right now. Having a family who will give you lots of support is an awesome thing :-)

I love your comment about "care for your diabetes as prescribed..." LOL, if they only walked in your shoes for 1 day they would word that sentence a whole lot differently :-) When Beth was in the hospital for 1 mo. we had a nurse who thought she was a diabetes expert b/c she had taken a few classes regarding Gestational Diabetes. She used to scowl and grumble at Beth when she would have a low and treat it with juice. She told Beth that she needed to treat all of her lows by eating cheese. We all bascially ended up telling her to go pound sand!!! Wow, eating cheese does nothing to help raise the low B.S, level. She kept saying that protein was the key to good glucose control. When Beth told her that she thought her therory was wrong for her care the nurse got mad at her and tried to shame her. I got so upset with the nurse that I marched right out to the head nurse and requested to have her taken off Beth's future care and thankfully we never had her come into the room again :-)

Keeping you & your family in my thoughts and prayers ~ Lynne

mistym03

Postby mistym03 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 01:35 am

awww I love the pics she is beautiful those 3d ultrasounds are pretty cool [:D]

jenanderson

Postby jenanderson » Fri Nov 30, 2007 01:25 am

Glad to hear your home, and with the kids away hopefully you can finally get some rest. Probably much needed after your stay in the hospital. Really who can rest well in a hospital? Keep us posted and stay in bed!

mommyboo

Postby mommyboo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 00:24 am

I'm HOME!!
They finally let me go home really late last night. I won't go into details but let's just say that although the Dr's (or rather my Dr) knows all about pre-e, they don't know much about type 1 diabetes. So I was discharged at 10pm last night. My orders are to "care for diabetes as prescribed", blood pressure checks twice a day, only up for 2 hours the whole day and back to my Dr on Tuesday. I didn't ask if the up for 2 hours counted car rides since it takes me an hour to get to the Dr's. I also have to go back down on Monday to get my dd's stitches out.

So now I'm just hanging out at home. Kids are at the in-laws for now. I finally got to scan in my 3-d ultrasounds.
It was hard to get a good pic because she was snuggled right up against the umbilical cord. That's what is on the left. My DH says they look like those pictures of Mars where people say there is a face. I still think it's cool.

http://www.oradesigns.com/family/baby6/US/24w6d3-d1.jpg
http://www.oradesigns.com/family/baby6/US/24w6d3-d2.jpg
She had her hand in front of her face here
http://www.oradesigns.com/family/baby6/US/24w6d3-d3.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes, thoughts, prayers and emails. They mean a lot. I'm not really all that different that everyone else here. I guess I've just always known if I was gonna have kids, it was gonna be the hard way :) It's all worth it though. Hang in there everyone! I love reading about all these healthy babies (and mommas).

celticepona

Postby celticepona » Thu Nov 29, 2007 08:42 pm

Hang in there Boo. Thinking and praying for you!!!

mistym03

Postby mistym03 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 02:07 pm

how are you doing today boo?? I hope you are feeling good and hopefully relaxing [:D] (( hugs ))

Return to “Ask the Experienced”