protein ?'s

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mistym03
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 637995 4:01 pm

Re : protein ?'s

Postby mistym03 » Fri Jan 26, 638001 1:23 pm

thank you for the advice I will call my doc on monday and if anything worsens I will go back to L&D lol the ladies their know me by name how sad is that hahaha

User avatar
heather j
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4883
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 637665 5:00 am
Location: TN

Re : protein ?'s

Postby heather j » Wed Jan 17, 638001 2:05 pm

Wanted to add that it's not always in anyone's best interest to wait for labs to go wonky to deliver at term. Definitely follow Fiona's advice and put a call into the doc and have a nice long talk. Lung development is a tricky thing ... I had a 36 weeker who weighed 5.1 and had absolutely wonderful lungs, and my cousin had a 39 week 10lber who had respiratory distress. Kara's right, though, odd are definitely in your favor at 37 weeks. My docs with #2 told me upfront that if things started southward from 36 weeks on that there would be no amnio, just delivery. The amnio was only because the section was 'elective' at 37 weeks due to my history in my case. If you are worsening, I wouldn't even imagine they'd do an amnio on a full-termer (just my opinion, certainly by no means a medical one, though!).

Those last few days are just awful; hang tight - she'll be here soon!

kara
Forum Moderator
Posts: 6614
Joined: Mon May 24, 637649 9:37 am
Location: Midland, TX
Contact:

Re : protein ?'s

Postby kara » Wed Jan 17, 638001 6:20 am

Misty, Babies weight unfotunately has nothing to do with lung maturity, btu a 37 weekers lungs are more liekly to be mature than not, and a lung amnio would solve it. I'm sorry they are making you wait especially after those pressures, and symptoms when you only really have 6 days before your planned section. I'd be on the phone with my OB finding out exactly why with those BP's they are talking about moving your date up. Keep an eye on, and get back to L&D if things are not good.

mistym03
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 637995 4:01 pm

Re : protein ?'s

Postby mistym03 » Tue Jan 16, 638001 10:21 am

I know it is annoying I go back on tuesday for my last nst and last minute questions about the section so maybe I can tell them about it then. trish I am sorry to hear you have to deal with gd now that does not sound fun at all take care [:D]

trish
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2949
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 637985 10:46 pm

Re : protein ?'s

Postby trish » Tue Jan 16, 638001 9:05 am

Since you are already 37 weeks I can't imagine why they wouldn't just do the section now. (((HUGS)))

trish5
Registered User
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 637992 6:03 am

Re : protein ?'s

Postby trish5 » Tue Jan 16, 638001 9:00 am

I know, I have the same feelings..I flunked the three hour test so now I have gd. It just seems like everything is going downhill so quickly and I feel like we need to go ahead and have her before things get even worse. I just have a feeling of dread hanging over me that I just cant get over. When do you go back to the Dr.? You should just go the hospital each time your pressures go up, maybe the Dr. will get tired of being called and just say lets go ahead.

mistym03
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 637995 4:01 pm

Re : protein ?'s

Postby mistym03 » Tue Jan 16, 638001 8:05 am

ok thank you fiona I just feel so silly everytime I go in they say your blood work looks great and your bp is going down nicely and baby always looks good so they send me home and it is just really tiring because I usually spend anywhere from 3-6 hours their nothing to eat or drink for them to say ok go home your fine grrr it makes me mad I would think that a 9lb baby's lungs at 37 weeks would be developed by now right?? I really dont know so maybe I am wrong but you would think she would be fine I know I only have 5 days until my c section but it does seem to be getting worse especially the swelling but I will keep checking it today and my bp's and I will go back in if it gets any worse usually laying on my left side helps ugh back to bed I go thanks again fiona [:D]

fiona
Forum Moderator
Posts: 5767
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 637044 1:42 pm

Re : protein ?'s

Postby fiona » Tue Jan 16, 638001 7:53 am

Misty,

I think this is a conversation you really need to have with your OB. Have you been given a 'go to the hospital' BP? A diastolic of 101 is concerning. You need to know exactly the criteria they are looking for to deliver - and whether they consider an induction likely. I know some doctors won't try an induction if BP is not under control.

Have they done an amnio to check lung development?

At this late stage, you're on a real tightrope and I would not hesitate to go in and get checked out again.

mistym03
Registered User
Posts: 177
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 637995 4:01 pm

protein ?'s

Postby mistym03 » Tue Jan 16, 638001 5:50 am

Is it serious when you have protein in your urin but your blood work is fine??my protein is currently in the 300's right now. I went to the hospital yesterday morning because my bp's wouldnt go down they were 156/101 and I was having visual changes like aura's and stuff and my ankles and legs were really swollen and pitting they monitored me and my hr was pretty high 156 but my blood work came back fine I was having some contractions but when they checked my cervix they said it wasnt changing and even though their was protein in my urine they didnt think it was serious so they sent me home I am just confused they say they dont want to induce or take her earlier than 38 weeks because of her lungs but why would I get steroid shots if her lungs still arnt developed it just dosnt make sense and this morning my bp is 135/101 and my eyes when I woke up were really swollen they have gone down a little but not much my hands and ankles are still swollen to I am just worried that it might get really bad before this thursday for my c section I also think it is weird that they keep pushing it why not just be safe and take her now and make sure it dosnt get out of control any suggestions would be great =)


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests