Feeling weird..

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
cherasevcik

Re : Feeling weird..

Postby cherasevcik » Sun Mar 04, 638001 1:45 am

mommyjj-

Can you switch to the doc that was on-call?? It seems like she was more willing and alarmed by your symptoms!

I think its a good idea to talk about a delivery sooner than 39 wks.. but many docs are not into that UNLESS your PE is bad.. but.. because the baby could have issues and they don't want that.. and by the sounds of it, your MD might be an as* anyways.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sat Mar 03, 638001 6:54 pm

I would just mention how quickly pre-e can go downhill and how it would be safer for you and babe to go ahead and do the c-section to prevent it from getting worse for you both.

Or, ask him to weigh risks versus benefits of staying pregnant?

I'm sure our mods have even better ways to say it!!! :) Or even better advice!!

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 03, 638001 1:18 pm

How about why don't we take this baby before things get worse? Really, what is the point of waiting for something to go bad?

mommyjj

Postby mommyjj » Sat Mar 03, 638001 1:08 pm

Heather, wow I did not know what normal was with platlets, thats good to know.. The doctor said it was totally fine and that they could be a little low for tons of reasons? I am glad I went in also, I never would have without all of you guys supporting and telling me to just do it[:D]. I go to the dr tomorrow at 9:30am so I will let you guys know what he says... Anyone have any good "words" I could say to convince him to go ahead and do it? My DD was born at 35+3 weeks and she was 5lbs 4oz, so I think this little chubby monkey will be fine since he is measuring way beyond his dates...

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sat Mar 03, 638001 12:53 pm

If I recall correctly, normal platelet count is 150,000 so 122,000 would not be normal. Mine got to that and my docs were very concerned (now I know of many women on here who's count was way less). But, it says something is going on.

For me, my doc said if my BP went up at all, he would do the scheduled c-sec (and tubal like you having) at 37 weeks. I think with your BP that high and the low platelets, it would be reason enough in my non medical opinion. If not 37, at least at 38 weeks. Pre-e can go downhill SO fast.

Oh, and also, we've had women on here have a negative protein dip and then they had well over the 300 mg of protein in their urine so you could be spilling.

Keep us posted, girlie!! I'm SO glad you went into L&D.

mommyjj

Postby mommyjj » Sat Mar 03, 638001 12:40 pm

Onesock, I am going to definately ask about that on thursday. My dr did say that he has to have a "reason" to take the baby so early... Well geesh I think I have a few reasons!! I dont know if they will though since my bloodwork was o.k. and I am not spilling protein. the ob on call last night told me that with my pressures the way they are that she would expect me to start spilling protein and having crappy labs in a week or so... I guess I will just have to see what my ob decides.

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 03, 638001 12:11 pm

Jamie, I just read one of your other posts where you mentioned that you are on lopressor...those bp's are high for being medicated...I would really push for an earlier induction ;)

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 03, 638001 12:06 pm

Jamie, since you are going to have a section, why not ask your OB to bump the date up. With all that you have going on, it seems like you are teetering on the edge of things going south. 37 weeks is considered full term...maybe ask him what the point is in waiting?? I would think they would want to deliver while both you and baby are stable. It is worth asking anyway :)

mommyjj

Postby mommyjj » Sat Mar 03, 638001 10:22 am

I am scheduled for a c-section/tubal on 12/21 (at 39+1 weeks), and I will be 37 weeks this thursday. Jack has been measuring 3 weeks ahead of schedule for months now. At my appt monday he was measuring 39 weeks even though I was 36 weeks, and at my sono 2 1/2 weeks ago he was already measuring 6lbs 14oz!! I really wish they would just do the c-section next week, I am miserable and i dont want to get really sick again....

onesock

Postby onesock » Sat Mar 03, 638001 9:46 am

Jamie, I am glad that you went in and got checked out. Please continue to keep a close eye on your symptoms, OK? If you are due in 22 days, are they planning on inducing or anything at 37 weeks? Seems to me, with your symptoms and high bp's that would be worth mentioning at you appointment. Keep us posted :)

Return to “Ask the Experienced”