an email from my sister

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
taras mom

Re : an email from my sister

Postby taras mom » Sun Mar 21, 2004 08:59 pm

What Sharel said! This little guy is tougher than most big people. I'm so glad to hear he's ready for milk!

Carol (38)
DH Bill (40)
Tara Mairichi
12/7-12/9, 2002
The Mightiest Little Angel

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:08 am

Meg,

I am so glad to hear another good report about baby Ethan. It is absolutely amazing what their little bodies can handle. Nothing short of a miracle in my opinion!

Thanks for keeping us posted.

alison

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

sam

Postby sam » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:34 am

thanks for sharing that Meg!!, continued good health and prayers to you all. Keep the good days coming I can't get enough of them
LOL

sam
London,UK
severe PE/class 1 HELLP @ 27wks
13th oct 2003
mummy to angel jake
http://www.shattered-dreams.uk.com/jakehayman.htm

julie f

Postby julie f » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:08 am

Meg,

Thanks for sharing! I have been thinking about her and her and Ethan are in our continued prayers. He truly is a little miracle and an inspiration. At a time when my husband and I will start trying again soon and are so scared of the unknown, he gives us much hope.[:)]

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Southern California Coordinator

angelical

Postby angelical » Sun Mar 21, 2004 09:23 am

What a miracle he is! And I'm so happy to hear that your sister is able to rely on prayers and hope through this time. I know that that is what helped us through - - not only prayers for Aaron, but just knowing that we all had the Lord watching over us helped so much.

There is nothing more incredible than seeing a tiny, itty-bitty preemie growing and fighting. They have more spirit and resilliency than a 100 people.

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02)
Kevin - DH

twolfgram

Postby twolfgram » Sun Mar 21, 2004 08:38 am

Thanks for sharing, Meg. I'm glad Ethan continues to do well!

Therese Mom to
DS 10/4/95
DS Stillborn 12/20/02
And "Baby dot" - EDD 9/11/04!

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sun Mar 21, 2004 08:34 am

Thanks for sharing that with us. Ethan is a true fighter! How is your sisters health doing? I am sure that she does not have a lot of time to focus on it - I hope she is doing better as well.

And how are you doing? Does Jennifer know that you are pregnant yet? I am sure that she is/will be happy that Ethan will have a close cousin!

Have a great week.

Joy

mada

Postby mada » Sun Mar 21, 2004 06:03 am

Thank so much for sharing that Meg. She can still count on our prayers and I am so glad Ethan is doing so well! I am sure your family is thrilled. Tell your sister we are all here for her as well if she ever wants to pop in[:)] Hope you are feeling well...

Mada Harpster

Sam 6-29-00 36weeks P.E.
Ben 11-03-01 No P.E.

meg

an email from my sister

Postby meg » Sun Mar 21, 2004 04:11 am

She sent this as a big group email to friends and family but I thought Iwould share it with you all too:

"We are doing ok. Still living in the hotel to be close to the hospital, and not sure how much longer we'll stay here. We'll let everyone know once we move back "home". Ethan has had another good day. One of the supervising doctors came by today while I was visiting Ethan and told me that he was extremely pleased and surprised at how well he was progressing............that Ethan has surpassed even what the doctor's "best case scenario" would have hoped for! He just keeps on surprising and impressing everyone with his resiliency and toughness, and we are so proud of him! We know that he is doing so well because of all of the prayers being sent for him, and we are forever grateful to all of you for that! It means so much to all of us, and we just ask that you keep it going! :)

The plan is to begin "feeding" Ethan tomorrow................so far all he has had is IV nutrition, but hopefully now he can start receiving the breastmilk, through a tube going into his stomach. He will start out with just a few drops, and see how his stomach tolerates it, then move up to taking more and more milk each day. Then, he should really start to gain some weight. Right now he is still around his birth weight, after having lost a little then gained back up to where he started.

I will hopefully be able to write more often from now on, and maybe even attach some pictures soon. Kevin and I have both gotten to hold Ethan now, and have some cute pictures of that taken by the nurses. Thank you again to everyone for your amazing support..............cards, e mails, phone calls, and most especially your prayers. Again, we see everyday how they are working for our little miracle boy! Take care and stay in touch. Hope to see and talk to you soon!

JEnnifer "

Will 2-6-00 ( PE at 35 weeks)
Elizabeth 7-3-01 ( NO PE)
#3 EDD 10-25-04
Proud Aunt to Ethan born 27.5 weeks weighing 1lb 8 ounces! Our little fighter!
Already off the ventilator and opened his eyes!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”