on the roller coaster again...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mommacane

Re : on the roller coaster again...

Postby mommacane » Wed Nov 17, 638286 12:08 pm

im not exactly sure you could categorize what happened in the dr's office full on hyperventilating, but it did come out of nowhere. it seemed like the longer i waited for the doc to come in the more worked up i got. and that was well aftr the bp was taken. they like to take my bp as soon as i get there even if im not immediately seen, then the nurse takes it again when she dips my urine. so when i got there it was high, and after waiting in the waiting room, it was higher yet. but the crying was about 10-15 minutes later and i didnt have my bp retaken so...

and as far as at home, all i did was walk into the play room to get a diaper then picked up my son, who weighs all of 23 lbs and all of a sudden i collapsed on the couch, but i was so stiff my husband couldnt lay me down. so i dont think it could be a panic attack because i wasnt upset about anything (or i could be completely off on what i think a panic attack entails).

my bps have been trending ok at home so, im going to see how i feel tomorrow before i call my doc. he seems to back off the MORE i complain. i just dont understand while these women on tv are being considered emergent with bps of 140/90 and mine are 150+ / 95+ constantly and i get a well they could be worse. i know chronics have a higher allowance but my baseline was 110/60. just because i spiked at 19 weeks... i dont get it. i never do.

they dont explain enough to us.

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Tue Nov 16, 638286 7:53 pm

wow. . . just reading your post made me tense and nervous . . . are you sure you didn't suffer from a panic attack when your pulse soared and your bp went up. Your symptoms sounded similar to severe anxiety, and obviously capable of it if you hyperventilated in the doctor's office. However, regardless of the cause, I'd still call the doctor and report it. You are the best judge of your body and if you don't "feel right" you should tell them that. . . your intuition counts for a lot too.

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Tue Nov 16, 638286 7:50 pm

wow. . . just reading your post made me tense and nervous . . . are you sure you didn't suffer from a panic attack when your pulse soared and your bp went up. Your symptoms sounded similar to severe anxiety, and obviously capable of it if you hyperventilated in the doctor's office. However, regardless of the cause, I'd still call the doctor and report it. You are the best judge of your body and if you don't "feel right" you should tell them that. . . your intuition counts for a lot too.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Tue Nov 16, 638286 3:20 pm

Wow... your BP is high and your pulse is VERY high. I remember hearing that a pulse over 140 is a trip to L&D. Hopefully the more knowledgable ladies will know. I know when mine is 120 I feel horrible so I can't even imagine 156. Wow.

I would really call your doc with that pulse rate. I know chronic's are allowed to have higher BP's but is that also true for pulse rate?? I don't know.

Keep us posted and try to take it easy if you can with a almost 2 year old and a 4 year old!

mommacane

on the roller coaster again...

Postby mommacane » Tue Nov 16, 638286 2:10 pm

ok well most of you know my situation, as well as my history.
i had my weekly ob appointment on wednesday. my bp was 132/96. again.
on 2000mg aldomet and 100mg lobetalol.
i didnt gain any weight, and i attribute that to the fact that i have had severe diarrhea for the past 5 days and whenever i burp it tastes like hard boiled eggs. i chalk it up to my gall bladder. no big.
at the dr's i start feeling overwhelmed like i want to cry. and when the doc asks me how im doing i start to hyperventilate and tell him i just feel like im walking a tight rope and waiting to either miraculously get better, or to tail spin into pe.
he reassuringly tells me "thats why we are here sweet heart to catch the other shoe if it drops" (remember, hes the sunshine and rainbows dr. the non-alarmist)
that makes me feel better. until he then tells me to resume my biweekly appointments. how the f* are you supposed to catch the other shoe when theres a 2 week gap?
luckily i see my mfm in between but how am i supposed to feel reassured when he seems to be backing off?
now, im going to say this and in no way do i want you ladies to think any ill of me, but i cannot go to term. im terrified of term. i know my body and i am on the brink of catastrophy here. and when the dr starts relenting this far into the game it freaks me out.
ive had 2 extremely healthy preterm babies, and not saying i would like to go into labor this moment (31 weeks) i cannot fathom what could happen to me or my baby if they let me ride this out.

just before i went to change my sons diaper and got this extreme pain in my chest and was gasping for air. i felt like i was drowning and i here my husband yelling at me to lay down cause i was going to fall down. i dont know if it was a freak occurence but i do know i took my bp about 4 minutes after and my bp was 143/94 (not horrendous) but my pulse was 156. i litterally felt ALL the blood going through my veins.
i know my bp isnt horrendous when im not so active, but why should i have to worry about picking up my son and having a heart attack? or running an errand and having a seizure? i feel im at my wits end, and the more i tell my dr's the more they back off.

is it me? am i just reaching for something to be wrong? could i want, actually want, something bad to happen? so this could all be over? i feel like a monster. like i care more about myself then my unborn child.

i feel hopeless.[V]

Return to “Ask the Experienced”