THANK YOU!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
laura

Re : THANK YOU!

Postby laura » Sat Jan 01, 638287 6:58 pm

I thank *you*-- this is what we love to see- healthy mom, healthy babe, and you're informed enough to help make good choices and advocate for the best care.

Congratulations on your baby girl! This age is such fun for them, all smiles and cuddle-inducing curves.

heather100

Postby heather100 » Sat Jan 01, 638287 1:55 pm

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy you had such a good experience.

sonja
Forum Moderator

Postby sonja » Sat Jan 01, 638287 1:43 pm

Congratulations. Thanks so much for the thanks - it is so wonderful that this foundation was started so that we can all be here for one another!!

a&amama

Postby a&amama » Sat Jan 01, 638287 11:20 am

Congratulations! This board has been a Gods send to me for this third pregnancy after an experience with eclampsia my last.

kezt777

Postby kezt777 » Sat Jan 01, 638287 10:40 am

congratulations!! and yes, this board is a really great place to go. i am sure it has helped keep me sane and give me ideas and pointers for what to ask my doc, what to be concerned about at home, etc. im glad that you found great support here and in turn offered it to others! i am sorry that PE hit you in the end, but you knew what to look for and that's whats important :) congrats again on baby #2 :)

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Dec 31, 638286 10:19 am

Erica, you're welcome!

It sounds like you had wonderful care with Rebekah. [:)]

enlarsh

Postby enlarsh » Fri Dec 31, 638286 9:09 am

Thank you--Yes, apparently my uterus can expand to the size of a penthouse to accommodate my large babies! No gestational diabetes here--just peanut butter and milk cravings!

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Fri Dec 31, 638286 8:59 am

Congratulations!

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Wed Dec 22, 638286 12:07 pm

Erica...congratulations on the birth of your Rebekah!! I'm so glad that you found a wonderful doctor and that you had a good experience. And Rebekah was a nice size little girl for being a 36 weeker! Thanks for your update & keep in touch.

enlarsh

THANK YOU!

Postby enlarsh » Wed Dec 22, 638286 11:15 am

I've been meaning to write this for months so here goes...

A big THANK YOU to everyone who writes on and administers this forum! I had PIH with my first pregnancy and PE with my second and it was so helpful for me to get good information and encouragement while on bed rest and to keep myself from going out of my mind with worry!

Here's my quick story...

My dear dr was right on top of things and as she put it at 35 weeks "The writing is on the wall..." At that time with high bp's she put me on bed rest and said that she fully expected to deliver prior to the scheduled c-section date. She said, "As soon as PE shows up in your labs, we will deliver this baby." I had been on bed rest for about 1.5 wks and on the morning of 9/11/07 had visual disturbances--It was like tiny little black shooting stars while I was showering. I called the dr office and they said come on in. Well, I was never so happy to have protein in my urine in my life, but it showed up in the urine dip. Three hours later I was holding my precious baby girl.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks again to all of you. While on bedrest, I spent hours on this board just reading and responding with the little bit of knowledge that I had to other pregnant mommies like me. If you have PIH or PE, please, please, please grab hold of (and don't let go) of a dr that you are comfortable with. I wish that I had had my dr in my first pregancy (but she did assist with that c/s and was my attending physician during my first hospital stay. I loved her and switched to her immediately following my 6 week postpartum checkup back in 2004.)

One other thing, if you are on bedrest and haven't checked out Facebook yet--it's a fabulous time-waster (particularly the Scramble game) and a good was to connect with other people as well. :-)

Happy, safe pregnancies to all of you!

Erica

Return to “Ask the Experienced”