How to get rid of panicky feeling w/o meds?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
darateacher

Re : How to get rid of panicky feeling w/o meds?

Postby darateacher » Wed Jul 03, 638289 6:18 pm

Thanks, Laura. I'll download it today!

Feeling panicky right now. Had another dream...my colleagues had created a computer silde show to announce that I wasn't pg anymore. Strange, because they've been nothing but supportive.

laura

Postby laura » Tue Jul 02, 638289 6:09 pm

It is on its way! It is pretty big, so we might have to try a different way.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Jun 23, 638289 5:37 pm

I'd like that! But, I only have an iShuffle. Forgive my innocence (or ignorance), but how would I access the file once you send it to me? i've never downloaded an mp3 file before. Thanks so much!!!

laura

Postby laura » Sun Jun 23, 638289 3:12 pm

Dara, I have a self meditation mp3 I play when I'm panicky- but for me, it only works when I listen thru headphones and lie down with my eyes closed- I think I might be able to email it to you, if you'd like!

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Jun 23, 638289 2:25 pm

Thanks! Today, no panicky feeling. I just wound up crying a bit this afternoon. So, today was a bit better...well, this afternoon was anyway. This AM, I felt rotten because this would've been the perfect day to be on bedrest with Aaron...grateful to not be outside. It was cold and rainy. Glad I went to therapy though.

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sun Jun 23, 638289 3:21 am

I'm so sorry about your precious Aaorn. I just saw your post, I have suffered from anxiety since I was 12. I have also taken benzo's since then and I will say that I wouldn't recommend any of the anxiety meds in that category if you don't have to, becuz one of the side effects is depression, so I think if you do try an anxiety drug go for one out of the benzo family if possible. What works best for me when I am in a bad anxiety attack, is to do the deep breathing, but what I've noticed works best to prevent it for me, believe it or not, is massages. I get them every 2-3 weeks and it relaxes your entire body........I think it has helped me tremendously. Trying to stay healthy, drinking water, and stay away from the caffiene (this is the part I can't seem to do). A also agree with the walking, especially outside in the sunlight. I'm sorry your going through all of this................."hugs". Maybe try some guided meditation tapes? My mom always tells me to do that, I can't shut my mind off to do that very well but maybe it would work for you?

staceynw

Postby staceynw » Sun Jun 23, 638289 1:00 am

Well, better late than never to reply to the post huh . . . 5 days later.

With the deep breathing. . . . make sure it is "controlled." Long and deep in through your nose and then long and slow out through your mouth (lips puckered together like you are going to play a flute or like you are going to blow a bubble with gum.) When you get that panicky feeling, it is very easy to let the breath get fast and shallow and hyperventilate . . . and that's just an aweful feeling!!!

mom2ella

Postby mom2ella » Fri Feb 18, 638287 3:35 am

Dara,
I think I've tried everything to get rid of the empty feeling. What has helped me the most is honoring Ella. I made a video for her, talk about her, raising money for the PF in her name, etc. I realize this probably doesn't work for everyone but it is very important for me to make her life mean something, so finding ways to honor her has really helped. I hate empty arms! [V] Thinking of you!

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Fri Feb 18, 638287 12:58 am

Any ideas about how to get rid of the empty feeling in the AM?

onesock

Postby onesock » Thu Feb 17, 638287 1:59 am

I am so sorry :(

Return to “Ask the Experienced”