Birth story to come.... (UPDATED)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
sonja
Forum Moderator

Re : Birth story to come.... (UPDATED)

Postby sonja » Tue May 27, 2008 09:59 am

Congratulations. Continue to take care of yourself.

Enjoy your little one.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue May 27, 2008 09:55 am

Congrats on your new baby and I'm glad that you have the follow up appointments but, don't hesitate to call if you feel worse!

patty

Postby patty » Mon May 26, 2008 03:41 pm

Congratulations, I am glad you are both home. Hope your bp goes down soon. I have stayed swollen the last few times postpartum and was given HCT(hydrochlorothiazide) which is a blood pressure medicine and fluid pill too and it seems to help get some of the swelling down.

blythe

Postby blythe » Sun May 25, 2008 09:47 pm

Wow, you had quite a wild ride there at the end! I'm *so* glad your baby girl is doing okay now, and I hope your follow-up appointment confirms that you are on the mend, too! Thanks so much for coming back and sharing!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sun May 25, 2008 09:35 pm

Congratulations, and welcome Earthside to your little girl!

I'm sorry you're still struggling with high bp and swelling. The Experts have said that chronics might benefit from a round of diuretics postpartum; you might want to discuss that with your care providers if you haven't had any and you're still struggling with swelling (and, of course, if you're a chronic, or if they think this pregnancy might have unmasked chronic htn.)

Don't hesitate to let them know if you get recurrent PE symptoms. It's a lot easier to treat with the baby on the outside.

a&amama

Postby a&amama » Sun May 25, 2008 07:51 pm

Congrats!

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sun May 25, 2008 02:17 pm

Congratulations! I am glad yall are both doing well

blythe

Postby blythe » Sun May 25, 2008 08:08 am

Congratulations! Please do come back and share when you can!

julie f

Postby julie f » Sat May 24, 2008 09:51 pm

Oh my goodness Melissa, congratulations!! I hope that you and your little one are doing well, we can't wait to hear the story!

aln030482

Birth story to come.... (UPDATED)

Postby aln030482 » Sat May 24, 2008 06:08 pm

I know I disappeared after the 15th, but wanted to let you I delivered on May 16th. I will be posting the birth story a little later....it's a little hectic right now, but wanted to check in in the meantime.

--------------------------UPDATED------------------------------------
So I was diagnosed officially as having Preeclampsia on May 8th when my BP's started climbing and my 24hr. urine was just over 300 for protein. I was in and out of L&D from then until Monday 5/12 constantly complaining of severe headaches. My BP's were always high, but they were trying to delay delivery until I was 36 weeks because the baby always looked good on the monitor. I had to do another 24hr. urine Wednesday to Thursday, 5/14 - 5/15 with results to come on Friday. ---My previous posts go into all of this in much greater detail.--- Well, I went for my results Friday morning and my BP was 161/98 (higher than all of my other office visits) and my 24hr. urine was just over 2200. My OB said that 3000 is considered severe Preeclampsia and at this point I had to deliver. I went over to L&D and my BP's continued to rise. I was immediately taken in for an emergency c-section. I was told too the best and worst scenerio's of what to expect regarding the baby. In getting prepared for my c-section, right before delivery, my BP was well over 200's/100's. I delivered a baby girl at 1:44pm weighing 4lbs. 4oz., 17" long. The only problem at first was her not being able to maintain her body temperature. By that night though, she was ok. My BP's remained high and still are, but now I have significant swelling. The baby struggled with jaundice for quite a few days, but we were told that's to be expected with her being premature. We were discharged yesterday, finally, and she is doing really well. I go this Thursday to get my staples out and see how my BP's are doing.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”