How many of you saw spots?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
gmckeon

Re : How many of you saw spots?

Postby gmckeon » Mon Oct 27, 638302 7:05 am

I saw spots and I just let it go because I didn't know why. It was just one of the many symptoms I experienced due to PE and ignored. Go to your doctor, it is a symptom of PE and maybe they should monitor you more closely.

myrnski

Postby myrnski » Wed Sep 10, 638302 5:40 pm

I saw spots for about 1.5 days before I had a seizure due to high blood pressure, and my daughter had to be born early. I was 32 week the day she was born. I can not tell you enough how important it is for you to get your dr. to listen to you. Please take care of yourself and get it check out thoroughly.

anthonyleah12

Postby anthonyleah12 » Sat Aug 30, 638302 1:36 pm

I have seen spots through out this preg. as well . 2 months ago I saw white spots, I told my ob about it and she just dismissed it. Then, when I was at the MFM's the other day she said "if you see spots, or have uqr pain go to the hospital, i told her I had been seeing spots but she didnt seem too concerned then. I already have been dx with mild pe, I also see little wavy lines. I told my husband that it almost felt as if I were on drugs because I have never seen my vision do that before until now. I wonder why my docs didn't seem so concerned???? Maybe I will bring it up again on Tuesday.

jacobkaden

Postby jacobkaden » Fri Aug 29, 638302 11:22 pm

I started to see 4 of DH just before they did an emergency-C. Better safe than sorry!

melly

Postby melly » Fri Aug 29, 638302 6:00 pm

My ob told me to call day or night if I saw black spots in my vision. A week before I was dx with PIH I suddenly had blurred vision and floaters but no spots. A follow up appt with my opthalmologist showed that I had retinal detatchment that is healing now. I still see floaters.

I hope you can get some answers too.

hols537

Postby hols537 » Fri Aug 29, 638302 5:36 pm

I agree with the others about pushing more with your doc if you're worried given the potential seriousness of visual disturbances with pre-e. I personally never had the "visual disturbances", but am often plagued by "floaters" (including during this pregnancy). Some info on "floaters" http://www.nei.nih.gov/health/floaters/

Keep us posted and good luck getting answers.

herewegoagain

Postby herewegoagain » Fri Aug 29, 638302 4:52 pm

When I had them, it was usually an indication that my BP was high.

rebeccac

Postby rebeccac » Fri Aug 29, 638302 3:25 pm

How far along are you? Visual diturbances can be a sign of PE and should not be dismissed. Put a call into your Dr. and ask to be checked out.

I never had this problem. When I was in the hospital on bedrest, the nurses kept asking me if I was having them. I kept answering no and I don't think they believed me. I'm not sure how high my BP's were but they must have been through the roof because they wouldn't let the question drop.

I hope you can get some answers.

hhbeachgurl

Postby hhbeachgurl » Fri Aug 29, 638302 2:55 pm

Spots were my first symptom at 27 weeks when my bp shot from 90/50 to 135/85 and then 158/98 I had awful visual disturbances that continuouly got worse and at the end my eyes had a large blurry spot, black spots, white spots, flashing lights, and wavy rippled lines, and then they stopped focusing together. I still have trouble focusing together today and my eye doctor said it was caused by the cerebral edema I had. It gut off oxygen to my optical muscle and cause permenant damage. Visual disturbances do not neccessiarly correlate 100% to bp, it is actually a symptom of cerebral edema and that can happen even when bp is not at the highest. HUGS

joejula

How many of you saw spots?

Postby joejula » Fri Aug 29, 638302 2:12 pm

I was just wondering how many of you have seen spots and other visual disturbances while you were pregnant? I know that your vision can change when you are pregnant. Latley, for about month I have been seeing these black spots, lines, and this black mist that seems to come from the bottom of my eye and up when I blink. I told the doctor about it and she didn't seem to concerned with it. She know my bps have been high. So, just wondering if you guys ever experienced this.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”