Post Reply FAQ Members Login

What exactly is bubbly urine?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!

Re : What exactly is bubbly urine?

Postby darateacher » Fri Sep 19, 2008 03:25 pm

Caryn- That's REALLY high! I was at 600.
darateacher

Postby anthonyleah12 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 08:15 pm

what about bubbles after delievery?
anthonyleah12

Postby patty » Tue Oct 14, 2008 08:33 am

Leah, I think sometimes it can take a while for the protein level to go down especially if it was really high before you delivered. I know my urine was still kinda bubbly for weeks after I delivered. It takes time for your body to flush it all out.
patty

Postby fnaz » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

Mine was 7000-8000..and my kidneys still leak some protein!My docs consider the residual leakage is because of the kidney damage due to PE.
My input for the question is bubbly urine = frothy urine = foamy urine.( for a better understanding you can just google image the term and It would be all clear;) ) I know it is gross..I am sorry.
fnaz

Postby caryn » Tue Oct 14, 2008 02:06 pm

Yes, it can take a while for your kidneys to repair. One of the Experts has said there is data showing that renal changes are still present until 6 months postpartum.

Technical explanation: Once your body mops up the soluble Flt and your unbound VEGF levels return to normal, the VEGF can go back to shepherding the repair molecules into the holes in the blood vessels that developed during pregnancy, and eventually the damage will be repaired, but depending on the amount of damage, this takes time.

It is especially likely for people with some sort of underlying kidney disorder or whose kidneys took such a severe hammering that some of the tissue necrotized to spill protein postpartum. Most of our posters regain full function, but I know we have had at least a few women who didn't get off dialysis. On the other hand, I never needed it, and Catherine only needed a few sessions before her kidneys kicked back on.

One good reason to have a preconception appointment with a MFM is to run a 24-hour proteinuria and get a baseline value. Plus there are some blood pressure meds that can only be used outside of pregnancy but that can lower your proteinuria, so women with elevated baselines can take meds to lower their proteinuria before conceiving.
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby chloem » Tue Oct 14, 2008 06:10 pm

My protien levels were +9000 when I delivered. Its been over a week now and I still have bubbly pee lol The doctor told me it can actually take 3-6 months to resolve itself completely.
chloem

Postby anthonyleah12 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 08:16 pm

Thanks for the responses. With my first preg. I had very high protein, and the foam in my urine never seemed to go away, however I got pregnant with my second child within 6-7 months of my first, and I had a baseline. I think I will call my doctor tomorrow, and just ask for maybe another check. My protein with this pregnancy was so low compared to my severe pre-e with AJ.
anthonyleah12

Previous

Return to Ask the Experienced