Page 1 of 2

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 02:58 pm
by surefoott
Yep, I'm with ALL the others.....have that baby!!!! I'm so happy for you Jen, it's here already! Looking from the outside, you had the fastest pregnancy ever!!! I still remember your first post.

Best wishes, Jen; can't wait till you're holding that little guy in your arms. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow and I'll be looking for an update from ya!

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 02:53 pm
by lorelei
Both of mine were born at 37 weeks exactly and both of them had no breathing issues or anything and roomed in. Good luck, I will be thinking of you!

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:09 am
by trish
I'm with everyone else - have that baby! :) Better safe than sorry.

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:06 am
by shadow2356
Good luck tomorrow!! It is nice that you will be alert to see your son.

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am
by sonja
Run Jennifer, Run!!

I am a total proactive gal, I don't like waiting for bad things to happen, I like to nip them in the bud.

You will be in all of our thoughts Friday morning. Have a wonderful restful day.

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:18 am
by blythe
Even as a "natural birth" gal here, I agree with what everyone else has said so far. I even induced with #2 when my bps went up at 36 1/2 weeks because I didn't want to wait around and risk getting sicker. My 36 1/2 week guy did better than my 37 week firstborn.

The only thing I can add is that is that it sounds like your doc is exactly who I would want - someone who would give me full informed consent and *choice* when there is one - even if that choice has only a small chance. From some other VBAC moms' stories I've read, some feel they have to at least "try" the VBAC. From what you've posted, you've been afraid of the repeat section, but I haven't heard you begging for a VBAC.

I'm sorry I don't have time to grab references for you, but my memory says VBACs under the best circumstances have a 1% placental abruption rate. Also, since would be induced, your chance of a completed VBAC is lower than someone who goes into labor naturally, and your doctor suggested you will probably need a section anyway.

All that being said, if you feel you have to "try", talk to your doctor again, seriously, about the risks and any benefits of a possible VBAC. If you do have that burning desire and just haven't voiced it, and your doctor truly supports it and thinks it's safe for you and baby, I personally would try (but remember, I'm the "natural birth / birth experience" gal).

If you don't have that burning desire, I would sign up for the repeat section, but again that's just me ;->. Good luck with whatever you decide! I'm praying for a healthy mama, healthy baby, birth story either this week or next!


Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 09:58 am
by jen44
you all have made me feel so much better about our decision! my gut was telling me to go ahead with this tomorrow but i really needed to hear some others who've BTDT -- so thank you!!!

i really could not have gone through this pregnancy without you all, coming here has been invaluable support and given me the courage to do this.

24 hours to go... omg, i can't even believe it!

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 08:43 am
by annes
My Doc and I agreed that at 35 weeks, even with me having no issues, Clover was not growing really well and he took that as a sign I wold probably get sick and we did the c-section. No regrets here. she did spend 2 weeks in the NICU and that was tough, but she was healthy and I was healthy and I feel good about that decision. Good luck.

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 07:12 am
by mikeys mom
I have to agree. If you are already so swollen then I would be scared to just over night become sick. Also who knows if the baby would really benefit if the environment they are in is getting unhealthy... Does that make sense? I think it is perfectly normal to be scared and unsure! Good Luck and we can't wait to see pictures of this new baby!!!!!!!!

Re : NEED LAST MINUTE ADVICE!

Posted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 06:36 am
by missgamecock
If it were me, I would do it. I completely agree with NICU time for observation versus being sick. If I happen to make it that far, I plan on doing the same thing.