New Here Question 24hr Urine Results

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
hhbeachgurl

Re : New Here Question 24hr Urine Results

Postby hhbeachgurl » Sun Dec 14, 2008 07:12 pm

You know I am not sure. I think CR is creatine and UR is uric acid, but I dont know what they mean.....

but technically with protein over 300 which urs is and bp that high you do have PE according to the criteria of 2 readings of 140/90 or higher and protein of 300+.

I hope you get many more weeks in. HUGS

lolly

New Here Question 24hr Urine Results

Postby lolly » Sun Dec 14, 2008 05:59 pm

I am 35 and 29wks pregnant with my 3rd child but first with my new husband. I developed PE with my previous 2 pregnancies but not until 33wks and 35wks. I was hospitalised last week with bp of 167/101 started labetalol and has since stablized at between about 140/80 to 150/95 it varies quite a bit. I just picked up my results from my 24hr urine which was done last week and just wanted to know if anyone could help me work out results I think I understand the protein results but nothing else. I had a base line done when I first feel pregnant and apparently they were all normal. Results for this one are

Protein 1.57 g/l <0.15 normal
CR-UR 7.1 mmol/l no range given
Prot/Cr urine 221 <30 normal

I am guessing my protein is 1570 which I know is high but dont understand what the Prot/cr urine means and why it is so high. I think I am heading down the pe path again but trying to get an answer sometimes from my OB is like trying to pull a tooth. I dont have a appointment with him until the beginning of next week and starting to worry this is a lot earlier than my previous pregnancies. Thanks

Return to “Ask the Experienced”