I have Wi-Fi!!! I can talk to you here! :-)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mada

Re : I have Wi-Fi!!! I can talk to you here! :-)

Postby mada » Sun Jan 11, 2009 04:23 pm

Dara,
I am close to you!! If you want a visitor sometime let me know!! I can bring you some good trashy magazines!! WEmail me from the site and let me know where you are. I am assuming a hospital in Evanston?

mnmom
Forum Moderator

Postby mnmom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 02:14 pm

Dara, great to hear from you! I am so very glad you are getting great around the clock care-even if those overnight nurses can drive you a little crazy. Sounds like the boys are doing great. As far as the protein numbers, have you run a 24 hr yet in this pregnancy? Over 300 is diagnostic, but I think that, it least in my case, my ob was looking for a trend upward from where i started. And, I am sure you also know that with PE, things can change in hours, so the hospital is the best place to be. I really hope for five more healthy weeks for you! Take care. Post often:)

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:41 am

Hi, all! I'll write more later. But, yes, I'm grateful there's no PE to worry about. I'm sad to say that there are other things that can put our babies in distress...ugh! But, Adam and Noah are doing great! :-) They are kicking and moving a lot, and it shows it on the heart rate monitor.

My bps have been very good in the diastolic region, and fine in the systolic. I had an impatient nurse last night (I'll explain in a later vent) who got be a bit stressed out...hence the not so fun systolic # at one point.

3AM-- 151/81. (like I said...her fault and the fact that it was so early in the AM!) 7AM, 132/71, and 11AM, 138/79. So, we're doing well there.

gotta question about these 24 hour urine samples... do they use margin of error for pubic hairs and vaginal discharge (sorry for the TMI!)? Those are not actual protein spillage, but I do know they're a form of protein. Also, what is a NORMAL # for third trimester pg with vaginal discharge? I do have some of that. Very normal. What range should I look for when I get results back tomorrow?

summerw77

Postby summerw77 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:39 am

OMG DARA NO! Are you kidding me! I haven't been on in a few days I had no idea you were in the hospital. SHOOT! I will go look for your other posts, it sounds like cord flow issues? GRRRRRRR. I don't know why you are having such a hard time either it's really not fair. Just keep those babies growing please! How many weeks are you, I'm thinking you are at lik 26 weeks right? or 25?
If you are bored in the hospital, I found something to kill time recently when I was going through some marital stuff LOL. Myspace has an app called Mobsters and it's easy to get hooked on to kill a few days. =) =) Invite me to be friends if u havea myspace www.myspace.com/aspenviewkennels and I'll send you the app invite =) =). IM SO SORRY HUN! I'm really bummed to read this update that youa re not home having a healthy pregnancy. But I guess if laying in bed gets you healthy babes, then it's worth it!

blythe

Postby blythe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:26 am

Ack, Dara! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with something *else* in this pregnancy! But I'm sooo glad that it's not PE and that the docs are so optimistic and thorough. Praying for many more weeks of safe pregnancy for you and your babies. ((hugs))

season
Forum Moderator

Postby season » Sun Jan 11, 2009 01:45 am

Dara,

I'm glad you and the babies are being so well cared for. Your frustration and sadness is totally understandable - it doesn't seem fair that some have babies easily and others don't - that's something the ladies here definitely relate too. Vent away when you need too. Here's to a long hospital stay to grow those babies!

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sun Jan 11, 2009 00:32 am

I love technology too...and SO happy to hear from you Dara! I know that best rest will be trying for you, but you know that we'll all be around to keep you company. So, so glad to know that the little men are doing well. Lots of love and hugs to you - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

ladybug76135

Postby ladybug76135 » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Dara,
I'm glad that they're watching you closely. Keep those babies baking!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Yay, technology! Yay, WiFi! I'm glad you'll get to hang around and keep us updated on those little fellas!

candyg

Postby candyg » Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:13 pm

I'm so glad that you're resting and everyone is doing well! It's awesome that you have internet! I wish I'd had it in our hospital when I was on bedrest...you'll be able to pass hours surfing! Yay!

I know it's hard to be stuck in the hospital...but you're strong and you can do it! And your babies will be stronger every day because of the efforts you've put in to keep them safe and growing!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”