non-reactive NST and aldomet

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
candyg

Re : non-reactive NST and aldomet

Postby candyg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:22 pm

That would be very exciting! Although Friday is my new goal...I'd still be happ to let you take the lead and wait until Sunday! :)

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Jan 13, 2009 04:38 pm

We both may be having babies on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

candyg

Postby candyg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 04:12 pm

I just got home from our appts...

I called the doc's office...and the nurse told them to bring me in right away...so away we went.

My bps were 145s/100s at their office...I'm 1cm and the baby is locked and loaded.

The OB called while I was there, which was awesome...no waiting! They have increased my meds one last time...I'm now on 2000mg/day of aldomet. I was also sent right up to the hospital for a bpp...took a while...but we passed!

So...I'm home..sitting very still...and I have another NST on Friday and my doc is on call...sounds like we'll see how my bps are then and figure out when they are going to induce...I'll be taking my bags with me!

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:47 am

Any update, Candy?

oxeye

Postby oxeye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:16 am

Yeah that's what I have been told by my OB and peri. My OB prefers to use labetalol but when I got pregnant this time I asked to be put on aldomet knowing the peri prefers it. The OB said they don't like it as much because it tends to make the baby "flat" on the NST.

So far that's been true - mine has yet to be reactive on the NST despite plenty of movements. His BPP is always fine, though. I'm on the max dosage of aldomet.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:13 am

From what I read on NSTs, if it is nonreactive a bpp should be done afterwards.

candyg

Postby candyg » Tue Jan 13, 2009 09:02 am

I haven't had any BPPs this time...only u/s since 21 weeks was another obstetric and placental health with uterine artery doppler...

I'm calling the office in 2 mins when they open!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Tue Jan 13, 2009 05:54 am

I havn't been told that. However, this little girl passed ONE NST this far. It was the one from when I fell in L&D. My ob said as long as the BPP is good, that is a better indicator of fetal well being. So I have been getting weekly BPPs.

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:18 pm

I'm only 6 wks pregnant but my Peri told me that my baby may have non-reactive NST's because I am on Atenolol, that if that was the case they would then do BPP's just to make sure things were okay.

candyg

non-reactive NST and aldomet

Postby candyg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Has anyone ever heard of being told that a non-reactive NST was okay because of the amount of aldomet that you were taking?

That's how mine went today...I'd never heard of that before...and this was about my 40th NST between my two pregnnacies...

Combine that with my bp frustrations...not a great day...

Return to “Ask the Experienced”