what now

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amanda
Forum Moderator

Re : what now

Postby amanda » Tue Feb 03, 2009 02:25 pm

Hi! Just wondering how you are feeling today?

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:15 am

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. It seems that those who have not been through the PE experience think that after the baby is born and everybody is ok that we should just be back to normal right away but it just doesn't work that way. Yes, the baby is born but that is all that is over. Physically it takes a long time to heal. Emotionally it takes even longer. PE is such a huge thing that affects so many areas of our lives. It is scary. It is the loss of a dream- a dream for a healthy normal pregnancy and the loss of the innocence and bliss that so many feel while pregnant. It is knowing that no matter whether you ever get pregnant again or not you will never be able to have a relaxed pregnancy in which you can just sit back and enjoy it. It forces us to face our own mortality. It just does so many things to us that can never be understood by those who have not been there. we have been there though and we are here for you. Please come to us as often as you need to. As others have mentioned, counseling might not be a bad idea. There are still days I think I need to go to counseling. As far as birth control- my DH refused a V also. He would wear a condom but I hate them. BCPs are out of the question for me. I opted for the Mirena and am glad I did. It has worked for us and it is something I don't have to worry about. Again, keep coming here and just know that in time it will get better. (((HUGS)))

macbabyismine

Postby macbabyismine » Mon Feb 02, 2009 00:33 am

I understand what it is like to be overwhelmed by all of this, and feeling like no one understands, i have felt the same way many times over the past few months.. my son is almost 4 months old and he was born at 30 weeks and was in the NICU for 6 1/2 weeks and since he has been home i cant take him out in public for fear of him getting sick and his pedi says that him being home is the best place for him. I have given up my career in a business i have been building for three years and have lost an entire income but, being on here and seeing everyone else has been through so much also and that there is understanding does help. Please continue to post and be involved in a group that does understand. I too would like to know how old is your youngest? I wish you well and pray all starts going a little smoother for you.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm

I am so sorry for all that you have been through. As Caryn noted, physical recovery from PE isn't quick, and add to that the emotional toll, it makes it even harder. I can certainly understand where you are coming from. After my experince with PE, I felt like I had lost control of my heath and I had a tough time coping with everything I had gone through. Counseling was helpful to me - it really helped me to understand and sort out my feelings. Sometimes talking with a neutral party who can give you constructive feedback and support can make a big difference.

We're here to listen, so please post as often as you like. Wishing you peace.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sun Feb 01, 2009 09:46 pm

((Hugs)) to you -- the physical recovery from this sort of event isn't necessarily quick. Add to that caretaking for children and the emotional aspects of the recovery, and a high-needs baby, and it can be overwhelming.

Is there any way you've got access through your health care to professionals who can help you through some of this? A lot of our posters have seen therapists to resolve post-traumatic stress, because no one really hopes the whole pregnancy and delivery experience turns into an acute medical crisis. And I would want to look into an easy method of birth control in your shoes, like the IUD.

So many of us have had these sorts of feelings afterwards.

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Sun Feb 01, 2009 08:35 pm

Hi -
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this - it does sound emotionally overwhelming. When did you have your little one - was it within the last year? I'm guessing because you say that your baby has colic - I know from experience that colic is so exhausting and so taxing. Do you have any help you can get with the children? A friend perhaps, maybe a family member to help out to give you some time away?

As far as birth control options have you or can you go back to your OB and see what options exist? I know that lots of posters here have different forms of contraception so ask away on any questions you may have and hopefully someone can help out with maybe their experience.

Are you able to maybe go and talk with someone in your community about how you are feeling? It's hard when you think that no one understands how you feel - please know that we all here have suffered the same experiences - hopefully you will find some solace here, friends, and support. Please keep posting and sharing your experience if you wish - we are all around to help.

bluesubaru

what now

Postby bluesubaru » Sun Feb 01, 2009 07:13 pm

i had pre e with my first child. and my husband an i decided to try once more. i ended up with a great pregnancy untill the 8th month i was dignosed with pre e and ended up going to the er right about i was dignosed. it took a week of knowing i had pre e before i delived the baby at about 30 weeks via emergancy c section. of course i am not having any more children. i almost lost my last due to other complacations. i feel like no one understands.
i feel like everyone thinks that i am healed and i am alright. i think most people think i am overwhelmed beucase the baby has colic. this is just the icing on the cake.
i can not get my husband to wear a condom let alone get schduled for a v, i do not think he understand what i am going through. no one seems to.
i always wanted a lot of children, now i can not handle me let alone the two i have. i am greatful to be alive and to have my children but we have all cheated death. i am morning that, and no one seems to know what to do.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”