Question about hospital bed rest

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
karoliina

Re : Question about hospital bed rest

Postby karoliina » Tue Feb 10, 2009 04:59 pm

Congrats on going back home! Now just remember to do everything your doctor told you to - and yes, keep us posted. :)

Happy rest of the pregnancy and let's hope those BP's stay low!

Karoliina

theriot86

Postby theriot86 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 03:40 pm

Update:
I feel that all of my prayers were answered. I was able to go home!!!! My protein level went down to 765 (which is still high) but my b/p has been pretty consistant and my OB said as long as I pay very close attention to my symptoms, monitor my b/p throughout the day, monitor Layton's movements, and go twice a week to her office I can go home. They said I was one of the very few that were fortunate enough for this to happen. I just want to thank everybody who gave me advice b/c now I am very much aware of what I need to look for it order to keep me and my baby safe. I will keep everybody posted. And thanks again!!!

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Feb 10, 2009 02:26 am

How are you now, Tammy?

Karoliina

carriec80

Postby carriec80 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 03:18 pm

Hi- glad you are holding on!! I know how hard hospital bedrest can be. I was hospitalized for 10 weeks when i had my twins. I start pre-term labor at 22 weeks and I held on until 32.5 weeks. Pre-E forced me to be delivered. But, the babies did great! They stayed in the NICU 4 weeks and were very healthy! You are in the best place possible. I n=know it can be an anxious time right now. But, try to rest as much as you can. You will be up and running after the baby in no time and won't rest again for a long time, LOL!!! Best of luck!
And PLEASE make sure you tell your nurses about your headaches and keep them up to date on your symptoms. The day i delivered, I was so nauseous and had a headache but thought it wasn't related so i didnt say anything. Funny enough the housekeeper came in to clean and went out and told my nurse I didn't look right. Sure enough my bp was high and my babies needed to be born.
Take Care! My prayers are with you and the baby!

rubyred

Postby rubyred » Sat Feb 07, 2009 06:24 pm

I had the headache - it felt like lightning strikes in random areas of my head. wasn't continuous, more like brief flashes that came and went. when it happened, it was agony, then seconds later would go away. lasted for about 4 hours until I described it to my nurse and she checked my reflexes and called them +4. that was when I went on mag and was induced. don't play with a headache - I didn't see spots or flashes either, it sounds almost like it's different for everyone.

theriot86

Postby theriot86 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:32 am

Update:
My protein actually went down from just over 1100 to 985!!! Yay!!! So he's staying safe for a little longer!! I had a really bad headache this morning but my b/p was good and I just ate a good breakfast and relaxed from the good news and it eased a little. I was very sensitive to light and my perphial (sp.?) vision was kinda "slow motion" but as far as seeing spots or stars I haven't had any issues with that.

preemomof2

Postby preemomof2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 09:20 am

That sounds exactly like my PE headache. Are your eyes giving you difficulty? Blurry? Does it look like you stared @ a light bulb..like when you get that dark spot? Thats how mine was.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Thu Feb 05, 2009 05:00 am

I didn't have PE headache, either, but I think it's usually "everywhere", meaning it's like a tight band around your skull. I get migraines, but they are always on the other side of my head and thus different.

Continue to keep us posted!

Karoliina

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 pm

The 24 hr test results usually come back pretty quickly. I hope you have a good night - try and rest.

theriot86

Postby theriot86 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:28 pm

I've taken Tylenol throughout the day...it eases it but never makes it completely go away...and when it's not a "headache" my head just feels very heavy and I feel like I'm in slow motion but sometimes I feel maybe I'm just being paranoid and I'm making a big deal about nothing. I've got about 8 more hours for my 24hr urine test and I will also do some more blood work early tomorrow morning so we'll see how things are looking hopefully early tomorrow...I hate waiting for results!!!!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”