back pain-liver?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
ambersjourney

Re : back pain-liver?

Postby ambersjourney » Tue Aug 29, 638609 4:47 pm

The pain sounds similar to yours, Karoliina, it is along the bra strap area- but more towards the middle of my back. I had my Ob appointment and he suggested that on the left side it would be related to gas. But we are waiting on results on the labs. I have heard about referred pain etc. which is why I was asking this particular question... Amanda- a rib that is moving! That actually makes sense to me and seems to fit the feeling of the pain.

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Aug 29, 638609 12:07 pm

Yes, Amanda, you're right. I hope Amber's liver is okay. My pains have been pretty much the same for months now, so I don't think the situation is likely to change quickly and drastically. :)

Karoliina

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Tue Aug 29, 638609 12:33 am

Karoliina -
Liver involvement is one of the scariest things - it goes from nothing to something for most women in a matter of hours sometimes - I never had liver involvement but it seems like some women here have it hit pretty quickly...

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Tue Aug 29, 638609 12:23 am

I think Amber is waiting for her lab results, whereas my results for liver tests have been good all along, so for me I don't think it can be the liver.

Karoliina

amanda
Forum Moderator

Postby amanda » Mon Aug 28, 638609 6:45 pm

Hummm...
That bra strap pain you are reporting is concerning - I would, personally, give the doctor a call. I'm saying that because some of us get 'atypical' pain when dealing with liver involvement.

Your right that it could be a muscle, it could be a rib that is moving but it doesn't hurt to be cautious...

karoliina

Postby karoliina » Mon Aug 28, 638609 1:51 pm

I've had something similar for a couple of months. I don't know if it's a muscle or a rib - but sometimes the pain seems to increase when I've eaten a lot, so I'm thinking it could be some digestion organ. Pancreas is on the left side, and it, too, is somehow connected to PE - I think I read it can be pancreatitis especially if your serum albumin level is very low compared to your protein level in urine. That's what I have in this pregnancy.

My pain is usually more about soreness - I can't lie for long on my lef side. The pain is on my side, under my left armpit, but it's more to the back than front, and radiates often to under my shoulder blade, sometimes both, ie. the whole middle back - along the bra strap.

The pain is not constant or unbearable, so I haven't talked about it to a dr, but I have been thinking it could be about my pancreas, and that I should maybe ask for a blood test to see that.

Does this sound any similar to what you're experiencing, Amber?

Karoliina

ambersjourney

back pain-liver?

Postby ambersjourney » Thu Aug 17, 638609 3:24 pm

Hi
I have been having a pain in my back along the bra strap and it feels like the description given for upper gastric pain, 'pinching'. At first I thought it was a muscle spasm... but its not quite the same and seems deeper. HOWEVER it is on my left side not right... any ideas? I think I will discuss it with my Dr. IF there is any reason to. I guess it may really be a deep reoccuring muscle spasm. But what else could it be????

Return to “Ask the Experienced”