Blurry Vision Qu

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
cara

Re : Blurry Vision Qu

Postby cara » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks! Appt went fine...long story short and not to bore everyone but basically my OB is like a check box. I could probably do his job. I rely on the Peri's observations and go to the OB bc I have to. My BP was 141/97 at the Peri and somehow at the OB it's magically perfect every time. ??? Anyway, I was given about a 30% chance for superimposed PE since he (peri) thinks I'm chronic underneath it all. 30% effaced, not dilated and baby is at -2! I'm on 17P injections so goodness knows how far I'd be if I weren't at this point. I responded way better to the 17P last pregnancy. My cut off for medication for BP is when I hit 150/100 numbers in the Peri's office.

All in all, doing relatively ok! I still exercise about 5-6 days a week and the Peri seems to think that is really heping my BP stay down since I'm pretty much chronic. Genetics are great, huh?

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:55 pm

How'd it go today?

And congratulations!

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Apr 22, 2009 06:38 pm

Cara,

Congratulations! I must have missed it somehow, or maybe I knew and I forgot? I don't know, I can't keep track of much these days! So, CONGRATULATIONS in case I haven't said it yet! So glad Dh is home!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:48 am

I've had white spots for about 4.5 weeks now (onset with headaches) and black floaters for the last 2 weeks. None of these issues has subsided at all since they started. I was in the hospital last week and an MRI ruled out cerebral edema, so I guess my symptoms just must be from the increased BP.

Good luck at your appointment!

cara

Postby cara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:37 am

Ok thanks ladies! I've had the sparkles sort of intermittently but yesterday I had a blurry/black moment that didn't last long but I certainly couldn't see very well. I do go to the OB this afternoon so I'll be sure to let him know.

And yes, Julie, I am pregnant! 30 weeks now with the 3rd and final...it was sort of a "present" when DH came home on R&R from Iraq back in early October. He's home from that deployment, which is great, because I'm starting to feel VERY pregnant!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 am

Depended. At first I started having squigglies and stars. Then blurry vision. Then lose sight in an eye (that lasts up to an hour or so). The the blurry vision would be permanent fir about a wek or two before delivery to about 2 weeks after delivery.

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:10 am

Cara,

In my experience, the visual disturbances lasted from a week prior to delivery until quite sometime after. It was not blurry vision, but brown spots in my line of sights that made it increasingly difficult to see clearly. I was told that they were not directly associated with the high bp, but with cerebral swelling. The cerebral swelling was affecting my optic nerve.

Did I miss a post, are you pregnant??

cara

Blurry Vision Qu

Postby cara » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:42 am

Hello all -

I have a question about the blurry vision symptom...Is it just a few moments of blurred vision (like, shake your head a few times until it comes back) or is it an ongoing symptom that lasts until your BP goes down?

That is what it's from, correct? BP going too high and somehow getting that nerve pressed?

TIA

Return to “Ask the Experienced”