Update to Yucky High BP ** Updated**

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
quincyf

Re : Update to Yucky High BP ** Updated**

Postby quincyf » Sat Apr 25, 2009 05:17 pm

What Caryn said...(((Jamie)))...Q

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Apr 25, 2009 06:49 am

(((Jamie)))

jenndola
Forum Moderator

Postby jenndola » Sat Apr 25, 2009 02:48 am

I'll be thinking about you, Jamie. I'll reiterate what Catherine already said--if you even hiccup funny, make sure you let them know!

I have every available appendage crossed for you and your baby. Good luck.

athamilton

Postby athamilton » Sat Apr 25, 2009 00:30 am

This is awful, Jamie. I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking about you this weekend, and especially on Monday.

rsobaje

Postby rsobaje » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:35 pm

I'm so sorry this is progressing so fast, and aggressively. I'll be thinking of you and baby, and hoping your little one is as resilient as you are! I know it's hard, but try to relax and get all the rest you can- if nothing else you'll be able cope better with whatever happens if you are rested! Praying for you both!

carjashaner

Postby carjashaner » Fri Apr 24, 2009 09:01 pm

We wil all keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Think positive. This could all still work out for the best. You are being watched closely, so that is a bonus. Please give us updates when you can.

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Fri Apr 24, 2009 07:54 pm

Jamie, I'm really happy to hear that your health seems to be stabilizing and that your BP is beginning to come under control.

I'm sorry that the news regarding the bloodflow to the baby isn't is as good as you could hope for.

Hopefully, a weekend in the hospital will help even more. That said, you are clearly aware that for now, things continue on a bit of a knife edge and please don't hesitate to speak up if you start to feel "off". We've heard from posters who have beaten amazing odds, but at the same time we're also all painfully aware that the average number of days between diagnosis and delivery is 14. As early as you are in your pregnancy, they aren't the happiest numbers anyone ever heard.

Regardless, please don't forget that you aren't alone facing this. Post whenever you like, about whatever you like. We have people who are posting from all over this planet and therefore they're here all hours of the day and night. We'll all be hoping for the best for you and your baby.

love_the_daschies

Postby love_the_daschies » Fri Apr 24, 2009 06:47 pm

Thanks for all the kind thoughts.

Good update: my liver enzymes are returning to normal !! , my BP is being well controlled, baby is moving a ton and docs are no longer concerned he is measuring 1-1.5 weeks behind because he has been measuring small since 13 weeks. Medical team here is soooo surprised by how quickly I improved :)

Bad update: the u/s showed absent and at times retrograde systolic flow. THE doc said she is optimistic due to how quickly I improved that the baby can turn around as well and flow will return to normal.

I am having another u/s monday (will remain in hospital until then). If flow is better - I will be home on strict bed rest with 95 % chance of developing severe PE and delivering prematurely. If flow remains the same the only recommendation is termination of the pregnancy. Actually termination was mentioned today as if all I care about is my health, then I should terminate now.

I can't imagine making the choice to terminate at 22 weeks. I want monday to be here - yet I want it to never be Monday

brockner1

Postby brockner1 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 03:35 pm

I am so glad that you are getting monitored closely...I'll be thinking of you...Be positive, everything will be alright... God Bless!

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Fri Apr 24, 2009 03:28 pm

Hoping for the best with you and baby. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))))

Return to “Ask the Experienced”