Post-Partum BP check today

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Post-Partum BP check today

Postby caryn » Thu May 31, 638632 12:33 am

FWIW, mine was elevated for about 4 months postpartum. Once my swelling began to decrease, they figured I was out of the woods and in recovery, even if it took a long time after that for my pressures to become normal.

hannahsmom

Postby hannahsmom » Wed May 30, 638632 6:36 pm

I'm two weeks post-partum and I am still having high bp issues. I am on a ton of meds, but I think they are finally starting to work. I had my two week check-up at the MFM today and the bp reading is now in the somewhat normal range. It took a while for my bp to come down after I had my daughter, so I am assuming it will be the same this time.

southerngirl108

Postby southerngirl108 » Wed May 30, 638632 3:01 pm

My BP was a little high, but not high enough to warrant meds, so I am happy!!!

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Tue May 29, 638632 8:36 pm

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I left the hospital with pretty high bp still as it just wasn't coming down, and I didn't have any other symptoms. So, within a couple of weeks of leaving I was put on a combo of meds that helped bring it down to normal levels. I was on meds for several months, but I think my bp started normalizing about 3-4 mos after delivery. Being on meds wasn't bad compared to the hospital, so I was perfectly happy to be on meds and be at HOME!

That said, if you have some of the other pp pre-e symptoms, they might want to keep an eye on you. But just wanted to share that elevated bp after delivery doesn't always mean you have pp pre-e...sometimes it just takes a while to come down.

southerngirl108

Post-Partum BP check today

Postby southerngirl108 » Tue May 29, 638632 5:00 pm

I'm going in this morning for a BP check. I thought I'd be done with these now that Noah is born, but I guess my BP is still too high. I'm assuming they will put me on meds for a while, but part of me is scared that they will try to admit me to the hospital and I just can't bare to be away from my baby and DH and DD.

On another note, Noah is doing wonderful! He is already back up to his birthweight and is just absolutely perfect!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”