Swollen Feet Normal BP....Help!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re : Swollen Feet Normal BP....Help!

Postby caryn » Sun Dec 20, 2009 00:03 am

Welcome Earthside to your little girl!

Preeclampsia can stick around for weeks. Delivery of the placenta starts the healing process, but it can take your body some time to mop up the chemicals that are causing the symptoms. I hope you're on the mend, but don't hesitate to re-report that headache if it comes back. We have had posters seize postpartum.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 pm

Congratulations on your little girl! I hope the BP starts behaving itself!

lilpeachez3

Postby lilpeachez3 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:01 pm

Baby girl was born healthy on 12/13 induced labor went really smooth. :-) Thanks again you all!!! BP and everything went down almost immediately after labor. Now 5 days later BP is up again and swelling of the feet and hands and face are back. Will keep you updated......

lilpeachez3

Postby lilpeachez3 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 08:36 am

Thank you so much. I think this is what the doctors are concerned about. I go today for my NST. Symptoms still persist but at least not worsening. I am predicting that my urine will be fine since my weekend BPs have been normal 130/84 to 110/75. The most annoying things are the headaches, "floaters" and the rib pain......Will keep everyone updated....

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 pm

Our Experts say that *generally*, but not always, preeclampsia is later and milder in subsequent pregnancies. But only if your first pregnancy was one with preeclampsia. (If you developed preeclampsia for the first time in a later pregnancy, that's thought to mean you've developed some sort of underlying condition that predisposes you to become preeclamptic.)

I'm not sure about diarrhea, but vomiting and nausea are indications for some women.

lilpeachez3

Postby lilpeachez3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:13 am

PS. Is diarrhea a part of pre-ecclampsia or did I eat something bad?.....I have had a few runny stools in the last 24 hours....maybe its a flu bug....

lilpeachez3

Postby lilpeachez3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:19 am

I want to thank you all for your support ...You all have helped me feel so much less crazy :-) I wish my MFM office helped me do the same. Sometimes I feel that because I am in MFM they are less worried about things because I am not as bad as other patients whereas last time I was in a reg. Drs office until I crashed and they watched me with more concern and listened more.....
on another note....I know noone knows for sure but how common is it with the second pregnancy to get pre-e much later if you had severe like yourself Fiona?

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Fri Dec 04, 2009 01:55 am

There is a huge difference between 33 wks and 37 - and honestly, your symptoms are building up to a very worrying place.

In my last pregnancy, I was scheduled for a c-section at 37 weeks (I had a previous classical incision, so can't risk labour), but at 36 +3, my symptoms started to ratchet up and my OB and I decided there was no benefit in waiting. My son was born without any issues at all - no NICU time.

And I, on the other hand, had my first delivery that didn't involve overnight ICU time, and recovery from the c-section was a breeze.

I really do understand your fear, but an emergency delivery at any gestation is no fun for mom or babe.

Meanwhile, please do watch yourself closely and head straight into L+D at the first sign of anything worsening. Honestly, I'd be happier if you were in a hospital bed already.

lilpeachez3

Postby lilpeachez3 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:58 pm

Ok so went to dr today labs from Monday are normal and no protein in my urine dip. Dr office bp was 117/83. Rib pain and headaches are getting to be ridiculous for me. Dr. said she didnt know if I was just having normal symptoms of pregnancy or the beginnings of pre-e. I am scared because this is how it was the first time. I had all the symptoms, clonus, swelling, hyperreflexia, feeling irritable (not right), headaches, dizziness, visual disturbances...and labs and dip were fine and then all at once it came crashing down. Right now I have swelling to the knee, hand swelling, face swelling, headaches intermittently but severe, floaters/black hazes, feeling irritable (not right), and right rib pain intermittently but severe. I dont know what to think/feel? Maybe I am being paranoid from the first time.....

Dr. said she was afraid I wouldnt come in if I thought something was wrong because she thinks I would be afraid of being wrong...which is somewhat true. So she suggested that I get an amnio next week ( I will be 37w2d) to see if lungs are developed and if they are to induce just to be sure. I dont know how I feel about the amnio or early induction and the only risk is premature labor but its like if the lungs are not developed then there is still an issue with my child.

She said option 2 is wait it out and see if other symptoms come and lab results come and go from there. I dont know what is best. She said if we wait and it is impending pre-e I would be putting myself and baby in danger with waiting...she said my chances go up for pre-e complications as I continue the pregnancy but my thoughts are if these are just the discomforts of the end then maybe this is all too much. Any thoughts? I am so confused. What if I am just being hypersensitive and paranoid? I dont want to have tunnel vision and high BP for months after delivery like last time but I dont want to have to go through the issues with lungs and breathing like with my 1st daughter.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 02:11 pm

Me, too. I'm hoping someone's given you a thorough check. Blood labs can change values pretty rapidly.

Please keep us posted as you're able.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”