Blood Pressure Question for Chronic Gals

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mellybute

Re : Blood Pressure Question for Chronic Gals

Postby mellybute » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Thanks Caryn! Atleast I know I'm not the only one noticing :-)

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Tue Dec 29, 2009 08:37 pm

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Mon Dec 28, 2009 03:56 pm

Thanks Alexa!

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Mon Dec 28, 2009 01:51 pm

I am on Benicar 40-12.5 and just saw the nephrologist last week. I am moving and needed to make sure I had a new script. He gave me the ok to just see a family doctor and that "I'm cured" which really means I'll be on the Benicar for life. With my history and family history of high bp there isn't a chance I'll live w/o the meds. I noticed my bp seems to go up some times but right now it's the stress of a new job, getting past the holidays, moving, etc.

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 am

Good luck! I hope it happens for you, and it sounds like it probably will :-)

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

My GP recently changed my med from Benicar 20/12.5 (the 12.5 being HCT diuretic) to just Benicar 20 mg. about 2 months back and it has stayed really good.

I check back in with her in February and I will be 7 months pp. She said she would like for me to be atleast 6 months out from my "event" before trying.

I check back in with my cardio in March to also see where things stand.

I just had a bp check with my OB that delivered my first son and she is confident that I will be able to get off the med within a year from delivery.

So, I still have HOPE that it may happen :-) Keeping my fingers crossed for now.

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 08:26 am

I haven't been checking my bp nearly as much as I used to as it leveled off a while back. But I will have to check it to see if mine does too...it possibly could as I do know that occasionally I get a somewhat higher reading (but still normal), and maybe that is when it is happening.

It sounds like your bp is leveling some--any chance you can go off meds yet? Is your doc willing to try?

mother bear

Postby mother bear » Sun Dec 27, 2009 08:41 pm

Yup. Mine does the same, BP goes up a couple points (5-10?) round about 1-3 days before menstruation. I also gain two pounds of water 'bout half a day before first blood, and it comes right off a couple days later.

I would guess that even "normal" people do the same thing. They just don't log their pressures, so they never know. :)

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Sun Dec 27, 2009 08:19 pm

Thanks for the responses ladies. Mine runs about 10 points higher too give or take. It's usually the day before and then for the first two or three days also. Very interesting.

It still doesn't get above average 126/77ish but I have just noticed the trend these last 3 months or so.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Sun Dec 27, 2009 08:10 pm

I definitely notice it - about 2-3 days before I start it's higher than usual & stays about 10 points or so above normal through the first couple days of my period. That's interesting about the progesterone Caryn.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”