Pre-C and Pituitary Gland?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jfindley

Re : Pre-C and Pituitary Gland?

Postby jfindley » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:02 pm

I had an adrenal tumor that they think was defineatly related to HELLp and PE. I also had a thyroid nodule- not sure if it was related and now they suspect a pituitary function problem. I have had a hard time finding research linking the thyroid and pituitary to hellp and pe, but the adrenal tumor caused increased adrenaline production and clearly caused high, uncontrolled pressures. Please share if you find out more.

blythe

Re : Pre-C and Pituitary Gland?

Postby blythe » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 am

I did a quick google search and pubmed search (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/bookshelf/b ... pubmedhelp ) and didn't find anything, sorry. I may have put in the wrong search terms, though.

The only other thing I can think of is that autoimmune issues are correlated with PE, so if an autoimmune issue is causing your pituitary gland problems that could contribute. Is hypopituitarism autoimmune? Do your docs think there could be a connection anyway?

new_mom1214

Pre-C and Pituitary Gland?

Postby new_mom1214 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 08:30 pm

Since there is a link between pre-c and thyroid disorders, does that mean there is a link between pre-c and pituitary gland problems? Does anyone have/had a pituitary gland problem? My doctors' finally think they found an answer, hypopituitarism- which effects adrenal, thyroid, growth hormones, etc. Anyone had problems?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”