confession time

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kellikbock

Re : confession time

Postby kellikbock » Mon May 10, 2010 09:50 pm

Well, I took little man to the doctor. He's fine. The bones in his skull fusing together are causing the ridge. His head is growing normally, so no cause for concern. Phew.....I do recall that they were concerned about his head not growing as fast as the rest of his body...but he's catching up now. Ya, I just am obviously dealing with anxiety that's gotten worse since PP PE. it comes in waves & I hate it....few and far between waves, but when it hits.....yuck!

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Mon May 10, 2010 07:53 pm

yep and that is why I have not stopped taking Celexa yet. It helps with the anxiety. My ob was all too happy to prescribe it. I ALWAYS freak and ask about my bp anytime it is taken.

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon May 10, 2010 06:47 pm

In the past few months I have been able to watch House again. I had to stop while I was pregnant & for almost 2 years PP!! Way too stressful & I identified too much with all the patients & families!!!

jend01

Postby jend01 » Mon May 10, 2010 09:59 am

Yes, I was the same way. I also felt 2 little bumps on my sons head. They were behind each of his ears in his hair line. I was a wreck wondering what it was. I asked the doctors at one of his appointments and it turned out that they were just swollen lymphnoids. They are apparently pretty common in children. My sisters little boy has one now too, near the top back of his head.

bordergurl72

Postby bordergurl72 » Mon May 10, 2010 00:31 am

I was the same! I am sure it is nothing, but bring him, you will feel better and then you can't stop worrying about it. hugs!!

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Another question health anxiety peeps...does your anxiety include your family's health? I spiraled into a crying frenzy & felt nauseous after feeling an odd ridge /bump in my 17months' head (under his hair, towards the front). I realize how I cannot control illnesses, diseases and things like that & I just lost it. I was afraid for the worst, and I didn't even think logically. It has been a long while since I've done that last, but it makes me feel crazy.....ugh.....I'm taking him in tomorrow because if I don't, then my mind won't rest! Anyone else spiral out like that over, well, small things & make them a huge deal in your head....I mean go to the worst scenario first? :0(

bordergurl72

Postby bordergurl72 » Sat May 08, 2010 00:33 am

oh my gosh, all these feelings describe exactly how I felt, and still feel off and on. And yes, shortly after i had pre-e I cut out all medical shows. They were difficult for me before being pg, but after...no way, they would send me into deep anxiety.

My daughter just turned 5 and i think finally in the past year I am more calm with less anxiety and even considering TTC.

I think my health anxiety hit its peak at her year birthday. I would think every twinge, every single thing i felt was the beginning of my body going out of control..even walking to the store with the stroller, i was worried I would pass out and strangers would come take my daughter. it was awful. I finally went to therapy, but never took meds...I was too paranoid - lol.

Part of me feels like that when I was diagnosed with celiac a year ago....I finally did develop something, and I am still doing fine. It is difficult to explain, but it is like i expected my body to go out of control if something happened and it didn't (yet), so it actually made me less anxious.

It will get better.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri May 07, 2010 11:35 pm

PS. my computer died last week, and I have been typing on my phone. So, thanks for overlooking those predictive texts mishaps & mispellings....sigh....

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri May 07, 2010 11:31 pm

ya, it kind of sucks cause I liked the shows. Minus the dramatic diseases and medical jargon! Ya, my friends so don't understand my reasons for not watching. I did vow whole in my hospital bed that I was only making time for light hearted comedies! My new nightly routine is watching dvr-ed Friends, Raymond or King of Queens... :0)

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri May 07, 2010 11:07 pm

OMG I TOTALLY THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE No longer watching Greys or house! Just hearing all the beeping makes me crazy!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”