cant stop thinking about this

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
cosmogirl4056

Re : cant stop thinking about this

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri May 07, 2010 06:16 pm

i do the same thing touch my legs to see if it leaves dents...it does a VERY little bit in my feet but im only 6 days pp...i went in today and got my bp checked and it was 140/90....go back tuesday for the baby and the dr said he would check it then too.....ugh!

katznkt

Postby katznkt » Fri May 07, 2010 05:43 pm

I was pretty obsessive during my pregnancy. I would check my bp a million times during the day, look at my legs (and touch them to see if it left dents). Even now, 4 months pp when my concern for my last pregnancy was largely unfounded I check the forum several times a day. For me it is like wiggling a tooth. I am healthy and I blame my knowledge and ability to be aware of my care this time around for preventing things getting scary again.

Try to relax (as much as possible) and give yourself a little wiggle room. Pay attention to how you feel, but try to assume that things will be okay. It is how I feel about trust in general- don't be blind, but don't try to find fault 24/7.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri May 07, 2010 05:37 pm

Yes pp pre e can be worrisome. If you are worried I would make a follow up apt with your doc for your blood pressure. I went once a week until 6 week pp!

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri May 07, 2010 03:44 pm

its so hard...to me the feeling i have is my kidneys failing or shutting down or sumthing...i feel just fine...im tired but that can be expected with a newborn but aside from this feeling in my back im fine.....i dont kno maybe it could be a urinary tract infection coming on....this is going to be a hard one for me to get over! i have never actually been diagnosed with pre eclampsia either....not severe p re eclampsia anyways they always just watched me closely.....its just i found out this could be a real thing the post partum thing and im soooo worried! ugh! im glad im not the only one with health anxiety on here...im so glad i found this forum...i kno my stor is not as severe as some of yours but this still does help me!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri May 07, 2010 03:17 pm

I too have health anxiety. The way I delt with it PP was to have myself tested in everything I could. Stress test, tons of blood work...that reassured me that everything is fine.

I OBSESSED with taking my BP PP like literally 73487 times a day...no joke...now maybe 2 times a day if that so it does get better.

I agree to stop googling symptoms. I have stopped as well. If I have a question about my health I call my doctor or better yet make an appointment.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri May 07, 2010 03:01 pm

I too have health anxiety that got even worse after my pp pe. Perhaps your back hurts because you just had a baby. I have a cuff at home and I did obsess over taking it, but that got better as time went on. However, having that cuff , really hearing the Lord (some may say inner voice) and being in tune with my body (knowing I felt off) really saved my life. Honestly, I baffled the medical staff...the fact I felt it coming on before/while it really turned severe. I understand how you'll obsess over something (even when the doctor says you're fine )....so, here's what helps me: stop Googling symptoms! It will only make you worry more, if something is really on your mind, make a doctor's appointment (being proactive helps calm me down, if it doesn't get better then you are getting seen or if it subsidies then you can cancel...my copay is worth my peace of mind), talk it out with a trained professional (your friends /family will get tired of the medical worry, they don't understand the real fear and that what you're worried about feels real to you)... that it what helps me out....hope that it helps!

cosmogirl4056

cant stop thinking about this

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri May 07, 2010 02:27 pm

ok so i have told you guys that i have anxiety....i have health anxiety and my doctor says it causes me to obsess over my health....so whenever i am afraid of an illness i go to extremes...its sad i kno. so right now im thinking ok is that last pain in my head a head ache i need to worry about...how much am i peeing....yes u guys i want to measure my pee right now to see how much i am peeing....i want to check my bp and i have thought maybe i need to go get a cuff of my own while most of u guys would probably say i should check it out at home if i got one i would being checking it CONSTANTLY and it would turn into my new "thing" my first "thing" i had was worrying about brain aneurysm so i checked my pupils 50+ times daily and had panic attacks if i couldnt check them so i kno i would go into the same thing with the checking my bp so its better left alone. then i think ok im 6 days pp what is normal what is not should i feel some dull feelings in my lower back or is that something i should ask the dr about...i dont have any pain any where else just this thing in my lower back every once in a while....maybe im sitting too much. im sorry how did u guys get over this and not constantly worry...its hard!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”