did something stupid...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
kellikbock

Re : did something stupid...

Postby kellikbock » Fri May 07, 2010 10:47 pm

Okay, if there something wrong or your pressures were high,at L&D they'd do some bloodwork to check levels going on, they may give you magnesium sulfate to get your pressure under control and to help protect your body, and you may start BP meds...when I went through this tests were given (EKG, X-RAYS, heart sonograpmn) just to be on the safe side. It was terrifying at the time, but now, I know that it was precautions to protect me...go get checked out & be safe for those babies. If its nothing, then they'll check your pressure and send you home feeling reassured.

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri May 07, 2010 10:12 pm

i feel fine but i do think i will go get a cuff...im soooo scared what will they do i mean is there a way to get rid of this im just soooo scared!!!!

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri May 07, 2010 09:24 pm

I agree I would buy a cuff as well!! If you feel off I would call your Dr. Those are high pressures. I was readmitted 4 days PP with higher BP's than what I left the hospital with so I would get it checked out

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri May 07, 2010 09:15 pm

Honestly, I'd buy a cuff at Walgreens or CVS and you'll be able to get a better reading. You can then relax at home and take it...if its still that high, I'd head on down to they hospital to get checked out (go to l&d)...if you can't buy one head on to l&d anyway. They'll check out your pressure, call your doctor & see what he'd want to do. This similar thing happened to me...just be on the safe side, okay?

cosmogirl4056

did something stupid...

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri May 07, 2010 08:45 pm

ok so i did something stupid here and now im FREAKED out! i had to go to cvs to get my DS some night time pull ups and i decided what the heck i will check my bp...it was 137/100....almost exactly what it was at the dr i was like for some STUPID reason i will go to walgreens right across the street and see what it says....they had some at home looking cuff there and i was like i dont think i will use this one but i did and it was my bp was 170/120.....ummmm....what the heck! so obviously im flipping out about it of course! but i mean when i was in the hospital my bp was 160/100 and i did not feel right and i knew something was up! im not sure if i should trust this cuff and really be freaking out or if i should just ignore this one....im FREAKING out!!!! i have no symptoms of anything and i feel better today then i have in a long while....what should i do?????

Return to “Ask the Experienced”