Status on my PreE=UPDATE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mellybute

Re : Status on my PreE=UPDATE

Postby mellybute » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:19 am

I am happy baby is doing so well!! My pressures went up after delivery and I am still on one medication (10 months pp) but there are lots of women who's pressures just took a while to come back down to normal.

Give it some time and hopefully yours will too!!

tracym

Postby tracym » Thu Jun 10, 2010 09:30 pm

Congratulations :)

I stayed on meds for 8-12 weeks afterwards. Nowhere near as many as during pregnancy though! I'm glad all went well. 3lbs 13oz is not a bad weight, I hope he learns to feed and grow well quickly :)

My 33 weeker stayed 16 days but was able to come home with an NG tube for feeds and we had a midwife vist every 2-3 days to check weight and change tube. I hope your stay is short.

momtochloeb.

Postby momtochloeb. » Thu Jun 10, 2010 05:16 pm

Good Luck! lots of Prayers for you and baby .

milesymommy

Postby milesymommy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:01 am

Congrats!!! I hope he puts on weight quickly and gets to come home soon!

anonpreemiemom

Postby anonpreemiemom » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:25 am

Congratulations!! Hope you recover quickly and the NICU stay is uneventful

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:53 am

Congratulations! I hope for a quick NICU stay for your little boy; these kiddos can be a lot sturdier than they look.

Yes, it is really the placenta -- but removing it *starts* the healing process, which isn't instant. Your body now has to mop up all the chemicals that the placenta was producing. Soluble FLT binds to VEGF, which is among other things a blood vessel repair molecule; until your body has mopped up all the soluble FLT, VEGF can't go to work repairing your vasculature and your pressures cannot begin to drop.

Some women find that the pregnancy has "unmasked" their genetic tendency to develop chronic hypertension and never see their blood pressure decline to normal levels, although all of the other physical changes (the damage to the kidneys and liver, the cerebral swelling, etc.) do generally reverse as your body heals, with some kidney changes still being visible up to six months postpartum.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Sat Jun 05, 2010 08:50 am

Hey, I was thinking of you this morning and was wondering how you are. I hope that all is well.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 02:38 am

Your protein levels are still in "mild" territory -- they'd need to be over 5000mg to be a marker of disease severity -- but the pressures that you reported in your last post are well into "severe" territory.

You've done a *very* good job of parenting here by taking yourself in for care. This is just as far as the two of you could get in a pregnancy, together, with a placenta that didn't want to cooperate.

Please keep us posted as you're able!

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Sat Jun 05, 2010 02:22 am

33 weeks is a pretty good place to be. I had two 33 weekers. They did great! My oldest spent 12 days in the hospital and the youngest spent only 5 days there. They were both primarily feeders/growers. No breathing assistance was needed. I am sending positive vibes your way!

katznkt

Postby katznkt » Sat Jun 05, 2010 01:18 am

Praying for you and your boy!

Hope the contractions are going full speed ahead right now... or that you are all ready recovering....

Return to “Ask the Experienced”