Status on my PreE=UPDATE

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mellybute

Re : Status on my PreE=UPDATE

Postby mellybute » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:47 pm

I am praying for you and baby and hoping your delivery goes smoothly! Will be thinking about you so update us when you can :-) Hang in there mama!

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Fri Jun 04, 2010 07:44 pm

I wish you the best of luck! My son was born at 32 weeks, and while he was in the NICU for 6 weeks, he's a very healthy kid. He turned 5 yesterday and graduated from preschool. :) You will be amazed at how quickly these 32+ weekers catch up. The first few weeks might be rough, and the NICU journey is never easy, but you and your baby are in very good hands and hopefully your NICU journey will be a brief one if he needs it at all!

(((hugs)))

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 07:12 pm

i was right on 34 weeks when i had my son so only 6 days later....he was born healthy 4 lbs 5 oz and didnt spend one day in the NICU...they were astounded but he didnt...had him on thursday he came home on monday...hoping the same for you!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 05:08 pm

I had my son at 33 weeks exactly. He just turned 3 Tuesday. 33 weeks is a very good place to be!!!! Have you and your husband been given a tour of the NICU? I wasn't well enough to have a tour, but my husband and mother had a tour. They were shown a baby at a similar gestational age and given a brief idea at what things would happen after delivery.

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!

amandaoasis

Postby amandaoasis » Fri Jun 04, 2010 04:45 pm

All of my positive thoughts for you and your baby boy today.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 04:15 pm

Lots of Prayers to you!

tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Fri Jun 04, 2010 03:49 pm

Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Fri Jun 04, 2010 03:24 pm

Praying for you, your baby and your family!

mom2boys

Status on my PreE=UPDATE

Postby mom2boys » Fri Jun 04, 2010 02:33 pm

Hello Ladies,

First, thank you for the support.

My son was born on 06/04/10 at 9:31 p.m. weighing 3 lbs 13 oz. He was exactly 33 weeks. He now sits in the NICU. He is breathing on his own, thank goodness for the betamethasone shot. Now we need him to grow, feed, etc.

As for me, I spent an additional 4 days in the hospital trying to bring down my blood pressure. I was sent home on meds. I am so confused! I thought delivery was suppose to resolve this!

Anyway, I want to understand this a bit better. Is it truly the placenta that made us both sick? My placenta was sent for testing. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for the support!

======================================

Well if you've been following along my story, you will know that I had been diagnosed with "mild" preeclampsia around March.

Well today is the day that "mild" turned into something more "severe". I am sitting here being induced at 33 weeks, 1 day. Aside from the high pressures, my 24- hour protein came back at 2,900 mg...so this must put me at "severe" preeclampsia?

The point of my post is to ask for your thoughts today. My son will be 7 weeks early. We did do 2 rounds of the bethamethasone, hoping that will help. I really appreciate any positive thoughts sent thru cyberspace.

I will update sometime after delivery with further details if anyone would like to hear. I imagine if you are on this site, you are looking for similarities to your story and maybe I'll have a success story to share. That was the entire reason I came here a few months back.

For now just waiting for the contractions to kick in, while trying to wrap my brain around this horrible disease. It doesn't make sense!

Thanks for reading and your thoughts.....

Return to “Ask the Experienced”