diagnosed today....what's next

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
l412angel

Re : diagnosed today....what's next

Postby l412angel » Tue Jun 22, 2010 06:00 pm

Fantastic news. Cannot wait to hear all about it!

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:37 am

Great news. I know that you'll feel better with that little guy in your arms.... :0)

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:32 am

good luck with the C-section next week- 37 weeks will be a great place to be.

aimy

Postby aimy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 08:45 am

Great News! Brody will be joining us on Monday june 28th @ 7:30 VIA C-Section. He will be 37weeks 1day! We are so excited.

my protein levels went up slightly but still not over 300. My BP is however steadily rising and i'm just about maxed out on the amount of aldomet i can take daily. The rest of the blood work was good.

I just want to thank all of you!!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 am

Amy, yes, a little underlying kidney damage can give you chronic hypertension problems in pregnancy. They don't really understand the mechanics yet. The general idea is that pregnancy hemodynamics are *weird* -- the placenta sends out all sorts of chemical signals to change your blood volume -- and some of those can interact with the mild damage to cause problems even when you're entirely normal outside of pregnancy. Pregnancy is such a loading stress on the system that these little problems can become a huge issue.

Good luck today!

aimy

Postby aimy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 am

Amy,

did the Dr give you something else to take? I am taking Aldomet and have had no problems with it except it's a pretty hefty dose.....i take 6 pills a day!

aimy

Postby aimy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:36 am

getting ready to take my urine to the hospital and have some blood work done. I have an appt with the Dr and a NST at 3 and a BPP at 3:45 today.........i'm anxious to see what happens. God is taking care of us....we are now 36 weeks 1 day. AWESOME~!

waitinonainsley

Postby waitinonainsley » Fri Jun 18, 2010 04:52 am

Aimy,
I could have written your post!!! Even down to our names are the same (Amy I'm guessing). I am 34 weeks and just got out of the hospital for suspected beginning pre-e too. I also had some preterm labor.

I am on Procardia for my blood pressure and contractions. Pressures are still running 150s/90s. And the Procardia is making me feel awful. Short of breath, heart racing, and I can't sleep at all!! That is why I am posting at 4:00 am! I am thinking about skipping my 5:30 am dose and seeing what happens. I am going to call my OB office in the morning to see if there is anything else I can take. Or maybe I will just wait until my appointment Monday. I really don't want them to put me in the hospital again! What an awful place to be! My 24 hour urine only came back 200 so right now I am only considered to have pregnancy induced hypertension. My liver enzymes were elevated a little but they also went down.

I hope everything goes well for you. Keep up posted!

aimy

Postby aimy » Thu Jun 17, 2010 03:23 pm

I guess we are going to find out. At todays appt they did an NST..Brody is doing well. They also ordered another 24hr urine AND PE/HELLP blood work. My BP was 127/78...WAHOO!! He can also feel the babys little butt up there! Still breech.

One way or the other looks like Brody will be here soon!

Caryn I am looking forward to getting some insight on my last post.

Hope everyone is doing well! I'll keep you updated~

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 04:11 pm

Your kidney dx can be causing your high BP...Caryn may be by with a reason as to why. I do know that Kidney issues can predispose you to PE as well as can be misdiagnosed as PE

Return to “Ask the Experienced”