diagnosed today....what's next

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
aimy

Re : diagnosed today....what's next

Postby aimy » Mon Jun 07, 2010 09:41 am

MFM was in early she said that sometimes they will let a mild pre-eclamptic go home but my Dr was in think morning and said no go. He thinks my pressures will keep climbing. They are going to do another 24 hr urine today and some blood work to check my liver.

I just want to go home so bad. it's like i'm home sick..... please pray for me!

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 02:34 am

just depends...my bp stayed around 140/90 the whole time without going really any higher or lower. after i had my brody it went up to 160/100 and stayed there for about 24 hours before going down to 140/90....im on meds now

katznkt

Postby katznkt » Mon Jun 07, 2010 01:18 am

Sounds like your doctor is being really careful. I am so happy for you. Take care, it will be over soon enough! Praying for a safe delivery of your little one when the time is right.

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh, I'd say that your doctor will advise you on that. Some women have high pressures after delivering. PP PE can occur up to six weeks PP (I believe ). After my experience, I'd see it wise to check it once or twice a day to err on the side of caution. Your doctor should tell you a call in number, too. I'd ask, anyway. My close friend from childhood had PE & HELLP at 27 weeks and didn't need to leave the hospital on meds. Some women do leave on BP meds and are weaned off of them (or not). I don't think that the road looks the same for all....

aimy

Postby aimy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:56 pm

and my eyes kinda hurt. just re-checked pressure 143/77.....much better.

aimy

Postby aimy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54 pm

the headache really isn't that bad. it's a little thumpy and it hurts in different parts of my head at different times. Could it just be because i'm so upset?

aimy

Postby aimy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:53 pm

yes and i'm a freak with it.....when it up i take it every hour! It's looking like i'm not going to be discharged until after i have Brody though..

Will i need to keep monitoring my pressures after i have the baby?

kellikbock

Postby kellikbock » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm

Well its good that you've got your answer. I know that the headache is no picnic, I'm sorry. I can speak for many, been there....blah. I hope that the meds work so that you can rest, pain free. Do you have a cuff a home for when you are discharged?

aimy

Postby aimy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:43 pm

he said around 160 they will start to talk about delivering me. If it stays. I also took tylenol for a headache about an hour ago and it hasn't good away. there is a great nurse on this shift and she was going to see if i should have some compozine. At the very least it will make me sleep. She also said they will come re-check my pressure shortly.

tree
Forum Moderator

Postby tree » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:39 pm

I hope you are hanging in there tonight. I can't imagine being in the hospital alone with your symptoms bouncing around and not knowing what is coming your way. Many women have labile symptoms before things get bad and stay bad. That might be the reason that they are keeping you in the hospital. They never know how much time will pass between having symptoms that come and go and symptoms that stay.
I think the "deliver now" pressure often depends on the woman and the doctor. I was delivered at 135/85, but I had already developed full blown HELLP. Your body may be able to handle higher pressures, and I know there are chronic hypertensive patients who are allowed to run crazy pressures. Did your doctor tell you how high they would let you go?
We are thinking of you and hoping things stay stable.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”