just a question

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
cosmogirl4056

Re : just a question

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 02:31 am

yea i was breastfeeding....but like u said we tend not to takebreaksetc....im not worried about the weight loss at alll....i need to lose weigh. i was just wondering about the swelling....i feel much better nowtho thank you!

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't think you have anything to be worried about, our bodies take a while to recover from this. I would ask your doc about compression hose while you work, most can write a prescription for them and insurance will pay for some if not all of the cost. As far as losing weight, it sounds like you're working long hard hours. And let's face it, us hairdressers don't take enough breaks to eat. You're just probally burning more calories than you are taking in. Are you breastfeeding? I heard that it can make you lose weight quickly too...just a couple of thoughts. :)

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:54 pm

o and about my weight i weighed myself friday night....thats the time i notice the swelling this was after a 10 hour day at workk.....10 hours on my feet. and the last time before that i had checked my weight was before i had gone back to work and noticed any swelling.....

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:52 pm

sarah i am on a diuretic and the only place i have this is on my ankles.....my weight has been going down like this since i had the baby....i have 4 more pounds to lose and i will be pre pregnancy weigt...ugh i just want this to be over! i will ask the dr on thursday and see what he says? is this something i should be overly worried about?

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:46 pm

I'm a hairdresser too, I completely understand your job!!! It's so hard on our bodies!! I actually have had to wear maternity compression hose prescribed by my doc. So far it's helped and I can really tell a difference when I don't have them on at work. They are hot and unattractive, but it beats the alternative!!! I'm 31wks pregnant with baby #2. With my 1st I had postpartum pe and wad put on a diuretic while in the hospital, so it got rid of all of my water weight before I went back to work. I did start working at 4wks postpartum, when I'm not there I don't get paid...I'm sure you understand. It was very hard on my body. I do believe you can still loose weight while retaining fluid, I fo know that your weight fluctuates big time when you're swelling. Good luck and I hope things get better for you quickly!!!

cosmogirl4056

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:27 pm

and if im retaining water how am i continuing to lose weight? i lost 4 lbs this past week....

cosmogirl4056

just a question

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 09:17 pm

ok so im 5 weeks pp...and i still get swelling in my ankles when i have been on my feet too long....ugh im so ready for this to be gone...is this abnormal? i will be going to the dr on thursday...bp is still around 130-140/80-90 so no difference there....i didnt do as much before i went back to work as i do now...i am a hairstylist so im CONSTANTLY standing at work.....so dou guys think its something i will just have to get used to again. the first full day i was back it happened....this time it took 3 busy days in a row to get to that point....over 20 hours of work in 3 days....of standing on my feet non stop. just wondering if this could be something totally normal or what...o yea if im not working like that and i have normal activity doing house work etc they do not really swell at all

Return to “Ask the Experienced”