PIH VS Pre E? Questions!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
cosmogirl4056

Re : PIH VS Pre E? Questions!

Postby cosmogirl4056 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 00:26 am

i was reading your posts and the BM issues could be a sign of labor coming soon especially if they are loose....i had that and i have seen many other women that was a symptom for them. with both my boys my body would be right on that broderline and i would go into labor....pretty interesting to me i just think its weird...was there something from this disease that caused my body to go into labor....with my first i went into labor naturally at 34 weeks and with the second one i was 37 1/2 weeks.....who knows but like i said sometimes women get more BM's closer to delivery...about a week or so before

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Sat Jun 12, 2010 06:09 pm

Thank you... they let me come home for now. all my labs are clear again, and still no proteins. I DID however show positive for a UTI, which I have zero symptoms for. They lost my urine sample at L&D, so I had to go give another today and will have the results Monday or Tuesday. I don't think its related to anything, but who knows?

I do more bloodwork on Monday again, then a Doc appt on Tuesday.

While in L&D, my BP was as low as it has ever been... go figure. They wouldn't let me budge from my left side... talk about pain! Sheesh that bed is awful! SOOO happy to have come home!

So while my mild and annoying headache persists, they are happy as long as I stay on my left side. I am only allowed to be 10 minutes out of every hour. While my husband is doing his best, I can admit thats just not happeneing. he took nearly 3 hours just to grocery shop *insert giant eyeroll* I think I may have care for me and the boys this week at least... just PRAYING AND PRAYING for labor to start. Its my only way out of this mess!

Ok my time is up, im back to my couch. Thanks again everyone for your support.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Sat Jun 12, 2010 05:08 pm

I'm so glad they're checking on you and taking you seriously. The hospital is really the best place for a lot of preeclampsia patients.

Good luck, and do please keep us posted!

angieb

Postby angieb » Fri Jun 11, 2010 08:22 pm

I'm glad they are watching you closely! Hang in there!

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 05:25 pm

Ok i am getting sent to Labor and Delivery to get observed. My BP is still rising and I am now to be on 24/7 bedrest. This observation will let us know whether it can be managed at home or at the hospital.

I havent a clue when I will be back on, but will update when I can. Thank you.

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 03:45 pm

OK my doc wants to see me right away. I am going in now for a BP and urine check again. If its worse, he says he may be admitting me to the hospital. I will check back and update when I can...

wha ta frakin rollercoaster this is.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 03:37 pm

I would get a BP monitor and monitor your pressures at home.

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 02:20 pm

Sorry, I missed a few quesitons!

No, i dont have a Bp monitor, it has never been mentioned to me by my docs. The peri said if my other docs insist on delivering early, then I would have an amnio then... no mention of steroids, as I am too far along at this point.

I just JUST recieved a call from ONE of my docs, I am to repeat labs on Monday. They said unless my headache worsens to just stay on rest. I guess that answers one of my questions!

This is so complicated, lol. My head is reeling.

girlisrad

Postby girlisrad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 02:14 pm

Kelly, I am 35 weeks. I had labs done 2 days ago and everything was ok, nothing elevated. That same day i also saw the Peri, who did an US and baby is wonderful. That day, I had my BP taken several times, both sitting and laying down. My sitting numbers were 150/90 ish.. by laying down 140/80 ish. OUr hospital has a NO SECTION before 39 weeks policy now, (unless Mother or baby are very ill and/or you go into labor.) My MD, OB ordered all those tests to see if I was "sick" enough to be considered for an earlier section, but to no avail. With clear labs and no proteins, I am not considered to be in the danger zone (according to the hospital.) This is where I stand, and I just do not know how sick I really am!

I was told to get home and stay on bedrest as much as possible (i have two boys and am a SAHM.) With this bedrest, my swelling is improving, but I can still feel my BP rising. It comes in waves throughout the day. The headache is mild... but persitant. Tylenol does not help. It actually hurts worse when I lay down.

Thank you for your help everyone. I feel like such a nuisance.

kellyo19

Postby kellyo19 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 02:02 pm

If you take tylenol for your headache and its not helping, then you need to let the doc know. If you're nauseous they need to know that too as it can be part of HELLP. You can get HELLP very quickly and sometimes you go from PIH or PE to HELLP with little to no warning. Only labs can rule it out.

If you're feeling pretty miserable adn just not feeling "right" then you should just call L&D and let them know you're coming so the OB can get your labs ordered, many times they'll be ordered and waiting for your arrival. I went to L&D weekly because I felt pretty sick and my BPs just wouldn't come down even with bedrest. I had PIH with my son, my highest 24-hr protein was in 250s so I didn't fit the traditional definition of PE. Sometimes when I felt flu-ish, that's when my BPs were their highest. Do you have a monitor at home to take your BPs?

How far along are you? Have you had a consult with an MFM or peri? If you're more than a few wks from your due date, have you discussed shots for the baby's lungs, to help the lungs mature? This can be preventive measure and usually helps the babies breathe better if they're delivered early.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”