UPDATE :( hospital bedrest

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
miamibunnie

Re : UPDATE :( hospital bedrest

Postby miamibunnie » Mon Aug 30, 2010 08:12 pm

Thank you Jill I really appreciate your kind words..please keep us posted!

quote:Originally posted by NaomiHope427

Hi Miamibunni,

I was born in NY, but havent been back since I was a little baby, so I pretty much say I am a Floridain :).

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. My then OB at the time, suggested I do not even get pregnanct again because of the severeity and how early I had gotten preeclampsia.

But at that appointment i wasnt even thinking about becoming pregnant at all. Honestly, I did not plan to get pregnant this time around, but things did happen, Id say about 9 months after I got pregnant again. I was a huge huge mess, hurt, lost , confused, distraught, and I ended up going back to the "father" aka sperm donor of my daughter, and low and behold, I am now where I am today.

I should not have done what I did, not htinking, but I also was so hurt & didnt htink it would happen just like that. So I have my own story, as we all do, but yes, I suggest waiting def at least those time amounts you wrote, and get tested for underlying issues and make sure everyting is up to bat, I wish I had done so yet and also waited, for many reasons..

I wish you the best of luck, and I am here anytime if youd like to talk. Bless you!

jacobkaden

Postby jacobkaden » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:39 am

If you have to deliver early, 32 weeks is a good place to be, esp with the steroids on board. Hoping you can make it a few more weeks!

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 06:53 am

Hi Miamibunni,

I was born in NY, but havent been back since I was a little baby, so I pretty much say I am a Floridain :).

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet baby. My then OB at the time, suggested I do not even get pregnanct again because of the severeity and how early I had gotten preeclampsia.

But at that appointment i wasnt even thinking about becoming pregnant at all. Honestly, I did not plan to get pregnant this time around, but things did happen, Id say about 9 months after I got pregnant again. I was a huge huge mess, hurt, lost , confused, distraught, and I ended up going back to the "father" aka sperm donor of my daughter, and low and behold, I am now where I am today.

I should not have done what I did, not htinking, but I also was so hurt & didnt htink it would happen just like that. So I have my own story, as we all do, but yes, I suggest waiting def at least those time amounts you wrote, and get tested for underlying issues and make sure everyting is up to bat, I wish I had done so yet and also waited, for many reasons..

I wish you the best of luck, and I am here anytime if youd like to talk. Bless you!

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:19 pm

quote:Originally posted by miamibunnie

Hi Jill

I am from Miami, but am living in New York for now. I am so glad that things are going well for you. My baby passed away 4 momths ago and it was very difficult for me.

How long did you give yourself before getting pregnant again? Also did you start your lda before getting pregnant? How about vitamines? My doctor gave me the ok. But I would like to wait at least

6-9 months from April.

Keep us posted.

Miamibunni-

I see you must be from Miami, I live in the Ft Lauderdale area :). My name is Jill though, my daughter's name is Naomi :).

This time around I was put on low dose baby asprin, that was about it. I was admitted back a month ago in hospital because of my high protein levels, I was there for 2 weeks. Got the steriod shots at 25 weeks there, doctor thought I would posssibly be delivering..and here I am 32 weeks and going strong :).

I was released from there and then this next hospital visit a week ago almost I was put on procardia for my contractions, no bp issues. They have been pretty good besides maybe a good 5 a little higher than normal.

This time being in the hospital, and for good until I deliver, I am on procardia, iron 3 times a day (iron was pretty low), tylenol if needed, and benadyril if needed to help me sleep :).

They have me doing daily weights and monitoring of baby 24/7 and contractions. I hear I am having bloodwork done (pih labs) tomorrow morning. 24 hr urine will be repeated on Thurs to Fri. :) so hoping nothing changes and stays the same! I hope I was able to answer all of your questions!

Oh! I was put on bedrest at 31 weeks, this other hospital stay I was put on bedrest, but now officially hospital bedrest until delivery. Last month when I was admitted for 2 weeks and let home, I was just sent hone on frequent resting.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Jill

I am from Miami, but am living in New York for now. I am so glad that things are going well for you. My baby passed away 4 momths ago and it was very difficult for me.

How long did you give yourself before getting pregnant again? My doctor gave me the ok. But I would like to wait at least

6-9 months from April.

Keep us posted.

Miamibunni-

I see you must be from Miami, I live in the Ft Lauderdale area :). My name is Jill though, my daughter's name is Naomi :).

This time around I was put on low dose baby asprin, that was about it. I was admitted back a month ago in hospital because of my high protein levels, I was there for 2 weeks. Got the steriod shots at 25 weeks there, doctor thought I would posssibly be delivering..and here I am 32 weeks and going strong :).

I was released from there and then this next hospital visit a week ago almost I was put on procardia for my contractions, no bp issues. They have been pretty good besides maybe a good 5 a little higher than normal.

This time being in the hospital, and for good until I deliver, I am on procardia, iron 3 times a day (iron was pretty low), tylenol if needed, and benadyril if needed to help me sleep :).

They have me doing daily weights and monitoring of baby 24/7 and contractions. I hear I am having bloodwork done (pih labs) tomorrow morning. 24 hr urine will be repeated on Thurs to Fri. :) so hoping nothing changes and stays the same! I hope I was able to answer all of your questions!

Oh! I was put on bedrest at 31 weeks, this other hospital stay I was put on bedrest, but now officially hospital bedrest until delivery. Last month when I was admitted for 2 weeks and let home, I was just sent hone on frequent resting.

jean

Postby jean » Sun Aug 29, 2010 07:59 pm

It's really nice that they're keeping you there to keep a close watch on things! I wish they had done that with me when I started having contractions. Maybe in the future though. :)
I'm cheering you on- for 32 weeks and going!!

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 07:47 pm

Miamibunni-

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 07:46 pm

prayers and thoughts are with you and the baby- hopefully you can make it another week or so

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 29, 2010 04:35 pm

Naiomi did you take any meds or did anything different with this pregnancy? How many weeks were you when you were admitted this time for bedrest?

thank you girls! me too! I am hoping I can get at least another week or two. I am scared tho, because I spoke with nurse for awhile today about this and that not nes all preg related stuff but she she said depending on next 24 hr urine is when they could decide to deliver, so I just hope all stays well! I think next 24 hr will be repeated on Friday. I would be 33 weeks then.

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 03:32 pm

thank you girls! me too! I am hoping I can get at least another week or two. I am scared tho, because I spoke with nurse for awhile today about this and that not nes all preg related stuff but she she said depending on next 24 hr urine is when they could decide to deliver, so I just hope all stays well! I think next 24 hr will be repeated on Friday. I would be 33 weeks then.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”