What is a normal BP for each individual.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
atvlady

Re : What is a normal BP for each individual.

Postby atvlady » Mon Sep 06, 2010 03:56 pm

Thanks Laura. When your BP went up that bit, did you get a headache? I read so many women getting the headache but I never got it until I delivered.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:28 am

For me outside of pregnancy my BP runs about 100/68....this first trimester it has been about 108/75...so a bt higher, so dont freak out if it fluctuates :)

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Sun Sep 05, 2010 09:08 pm

Heather thanks and thanks for all the input. Even though I am not pregnant (getting inpatient) I wanted to know what would be the # of concern I should call in. My OB said 160/100 but I don't feel comfortable with that. Each person is different. I had severe PIH at 12 weeks with Darren so catching my BP "early" may help me get further along???? I hope so, this is our last try :(

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sun Sep 05, 2010 05:23 pm

Delissa, while 140/90 is the general bp threshold for preeclampsia, any rise of 30/15 (systolic/diastolic) warrants a doctor's attention and monitoring because people run such different baselines.

Here's an older response from the Experts:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1092

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 05:12 pm

Delissa- my BP is very low outside of pregnancy 90-low100s/50s-low 60s usually. So for me, I felt that waiting for 140/90 was too high a call in number since that was much higher than I was used to. And I didn't want resistance from the nurse if I was calling in before that 140/90 number either- where they essentially tell you to check again and call back so I discussed with my docs about a "call in number" and she felt that if I hit the 130/80 mark that she would want me to call in and let nurse line know that is the number the doctor told me to call in at.

For me, I think the BP was last thing to hit when I had my daughter and honestly my BP never got as high as some of the ladies on this forum- I was already not feeling good before the BP started to increase. I think my symptoms started more with headaches, backaches and general feeling of a cold or the flu. So I am cautious about using just the BP as an initial marker of this.

atvlady

What is a normal BP for each individual.

Postby atvlady » Sun Sep 05, 2010 04:12 pm

How do you figure what a normal BP is for each person? Mine has been running about 108/65. How high does a BP running like that to say a cetain # (ie 140/90) would be high for me?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”