What caused this? (Caryn or any other *expert*)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
beth0277

Re : What caused this? (Caryn or any other *expert*)

Postby beth0277 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:02 am

Hey Sarah! I don't think so. I'll have to check again this evening! If not, I'll send you a message on fb!

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 00:57 am

That would make sense! Ugh it was awful!! Hey Beth did you get my reply email??

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 06:35 pm

I suspect it's pain from swelling. It's not uncommon for this disease to present very rapidly, and if your kidneys have just... stopped... and you're filling up with fluid...

trish9

Postby trish9 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 04:44 pm

I'm glad you posted about this, I have been wondering about it too! I had similar pain prior to being diagnosed with pre-e, although the docs already knew my blood pressures were sky high. It started in my neck and traveled up the back of my head. I had kind of a burning hot sensation too. It seemed to be worse when I would get stressed out. Very scary now that I think back...

jules2

Postby jules2 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 01:48 pm

Yes, I had this neck pain too. Never knew exactly why and the docs couldn't (or just didn't?) try to explain it either.

beth0277

Postby beth0277 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 am

I wanted to 'bump' this up in case any one else had a similar experience or knew what caused it. I'm still very curious about it!

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Sat Sep 11, 2010 03:19 pm

My headache was not like that, but... my husband's previous boss had an experience while away on work of having "the most horrible headache you can imagine." He actually drove himself 2 hours home from his work trip because he was in so much pain (still not sure why he drove while in that much pain). Turns out, he had a stroke. And he made it home and to the hospital just in time to save his life. When I seized, it was race to get the babies out, get me closed up, and get me to the ICU to medicate me before I stroked. With BP that high, I'm sure seizure and/or stroke were imminent.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am

Wow! I had a headache like that as well. I believe that it was due to cerebral swelling which can in turn be caused by a seizure.

beth0277

Postby beth0277 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 05:35 pm

Sarah, I can't believe your docs told you it was from holding your baby....That is EXACTLY what they told me at first too!!

I thought, ummm...okay? Until the pain started migrating towards the front of my head and I realized it was way, way more than a stiff neck.

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 05:06 pm

Wow Beth what you just described is exactly what I experienced the night I went back into the hospital!!! I already had the headache, but I got this excruciating pain in my neck that worked it's way up and around to the front of my head. It was so painful, pain meds eased it but didn't take it away. I kept being told it was from holding my new baby, but this was not that! When the docs finally realized it was pe and I needed to be on mag only until I was off of mag did if go away. It makes me wonder too if I was close to stroke or seizure. My ob rushed to get me on mag so it would only make sense. I hope someone can give some info!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”