Successful VBAC especially after 2 C-sections???

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
thaiba2000

Re : Successful VBAC especially after 2 C-sections???

Postby thaiba2000 » Tue Feb 12, 638943 9:25 pm

@ aajatwins. My name is pronounced in so many different ways.

Say "tiger" but change the 'g' into a 'b'.

@zeekatt. I live in the UK and am waiting to talk to my midwife about any contacts she may have who might be willing to do VBAC.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Tue Feb 12, 638943 8:25 pm

Thaiba (how do you pronounce your name, just wondering :) ) - I guess I had a lower segment, I've only heard them called bikini cut.

I can't imagine how hard it must have been to not recognize your babies. We had several 4D images done (out of the graciousness of the u/s techs' hearts) and they looked just like baby pictures of me, so I knew them right away. but it was incredibly hard to not see them or get to hold them for a few days.

Brande - what is ICAN? I feel like my OB would be more likely to consider VBAC as my case was special. Another OB in the practice, whom I loved working with, also came by to see me in the hospital afterwards to check on me (not on his rounds) and tell me that I "would have had those babies vaginally, if could have" So I feel like the whole practice is very willing to work with me and very open to hearing my wants and wishes. That is an amazing doctor you have! I know most won't even consider letting twins go vaginally, much less triplets.

zeekatt

Postby zeekatt » Mon Feb 11, 638943 10:40 pm

I doubt you would find a provider in teh US that would be patient enough to give you the chance. I have a pretty amazing provider who routinely does VBA2C's, and even after 3. He also does twin births, and VBAC after twins. In fact, early this year he did a triplet vaginal birth after C-section. He's not some rouge provider either. He's a very amazing 1-man practice and I trust him completely.

Currently, I'm 40+5 days pregnant. I'm turning in my jug for another 24 hour urine in the morning as my BP is creeping up again. We just doubled my methyldopa and it seems to be helping. We are pretty sure we are dealing with chronic BP, but he's making sure with the 24 hour. I don't know of any doctor who would do that at this point - they would just take the baby. So, it's not a matter of your body working or not, it's more a matter of being patient or not. My baby is passing NST's and so far I've had no protein issues, so my doctor is willing to wait.

I would suggest you look into ICAN and sign up for your local message board. You'll find some good providers that way. good luck to you!

korie

Postby korie » Sat Feb 02, 638943 10:39 am

Thaiba, I can definately relate with the baby being wisked away and how difficult that is. I will never forget the feeling of walking into the NICU, looking at the row of babies and having no idea which baby was mine. I just felt sick about it. So many relatives stopped by with that baby and got to see him before me, I didn't get to go to the NICU for a day and a half because they were short staffed and I needed help. C-sections and having your baby away is beyond difficult. I hope you get a much better experience this time around.

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Fri Feb 01, 638943 11:42 pm

(((Thaiba)))

With Henry, I did get to see him for a few seconds before they whisked him away. But before Sofia was born, I specifically asked if she could be put on my chest before they cleaned her up. The hospital policy was if it was vaginal then the chances were high that she could be placed on my chest. But, having a c-section I was only allowed to see her but not to hold her before she was taken to get cleaned up.

IMO and IME, a c-section is a much harder birth experience than vaginal delivery.

thaiba2000

Postby thaiba2000 » Fri Feb 01, 638943 7:10 pm

Thanks guys for your input. Yes i will defo let you know what my doctors say about Vbac.

Ajaa twins, did you have a classical or a Lower segment?

1st pregnancy i was induced because i had severe Pre-eclampsia until my baby satrted to show distress and then they did an emergency c-section.... 2nd pregnancy i developed severe Pre-eclampsia again and didnt even get the option for a VBAC they just assumed that i will need a c-secion because that was the way my 1st was delivered.

Now im pregnant again with my 3rd. Hoping i dont get PE again but either way im gona have to have a c-section and it upsets me when a whole load of women gather together and talk about their birthing experience and all i can say is that ive had a c-section.....a c-section to everyone means an easy ride- just cut and out! No one understands how hard and complicated it is to have a c-section and they dont think about WHY we actually needed the c-section in the 1st place.

I dont know why but i long to have a vaginal birth but what can you do...its an experience i lack...

Dont get me wrong, my childrens births were the best things that could ever happen to me but i ant deny that it took me a very long time to bond with my children. I wasnt able to see them being born. Both were taken away straight after being pulled out. I only had photos of my children to look at. One thing that upset me more was that i didnt recognise my children when i saw them and was convinced i was carrying someone elses baby.... :( That lasted for a few weeks for me until the trauma passed and i was able to accept my children as MY children and i was able to accept what had happened to me with the PE and everything.

If i cant have a VBAC then atleast i want to be able to see my children come out of me or atleast let me hold my baby for even a second before they get whisked away to Special care...

Sorry for the big essay... its just something that i seem to dwell on everytime i get pregnant.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Fri Feb 01, 638943 6:41 pm

Keep us posted on what your doctor says (whenever you talk about it). I went in to be induced with my twins because both were head-down and ready to go (very rare!) and my OB agreed to let me have them vaginally (or at least try). But before I could finish laboring, I had my seizures and and an emergency section instead. I was devastated and still have sad thoughts about it. I've just always wanted to give birth that way. We're ttc now and I'm praying for an uneventful pregnancy so that I can have a VBAC. So let us know!! I would be very interested in what they tell you.
And as far as healing goes, it can't be too bad. They wouldn't let me just lay around the hospital after my section (after I was released from ICU)! They made me walk and I really didn't want to. :)

aundapenner

Postby aundapenner » Thu Jan 31, 638943 11:56 am

I agree with Korie - talk to your doctor.

But I wouldn't count on it - especially if your first was due in part to a failed induction. Somehow I have it in my head (and I don't know why or from where it comes from) that a failed induction could be indicitive of your body not being able to deliver vaginally easily ... does that make sense?

I too, have had 2 c-sections. I was induced with both - the first back in Ohio, the second time here in Germany. I was surprised that with my 2nd induction they used a gel on my cervix. My OB wouldn't dream of that back in the states - but different countries birth differently.

I think if your pregnancy goes wonderfully with minimal complications, you could discuss it with your doc. But if things start to go wrong, know that a c-section is not a bad thing (as you know! and wow! good for you to be up and about - and no, I also don't think that affect(ed) your healing).

korie

Postby korie » Mon Jan 21, 638943 8:33 pm

I don't know anything about the healing, but I don't know that just being up and moving would prevent you from healing well.

I am on my 3rd pregnancy and honestly have never even wanted to try a v-bac. I feel like I have enough on my plate and really don't want to add anything else. BUT I know lots of women do them and I have heard of women doing them after 2 c-sections. It would be best to talk to your doctor about it. It usually makes a big difference if you are at a big hospital or a small one. At my smaller hospital, they don't have an emergency team there all the time and it would take to long to get there if I needed an emergency c-section. If you really want this and your doctor says no, you could always look into a different doctor and hospital.

thaiba2000

Successful VBAC especially after 2 C-sections???

Postby thaiba2000 » Sun Jan 20, 638943 9:43 am

Im only 4 weeks pregnant but cant help think about the birth and how everything will be. Ive had 2 C-sections- 1st was due to a failed induction and foetal distress and 2nd c-section happened because i wasnt even given the option for a VBAC. I really want a vaginal delivery this time but dont know what to do...

Both time i had Lower segment C-section... Does that make it a greater risk??? I think ive healed really well but then again i cant see whats going on on the inside. I wasnt one to lay and rest after haveing my c-sections. As soon as i could feel my legs i was up and away- walking to the toilet, getting my own breakfast. The nurses gave me alot of praise for doing that but do you think that didnt let my wound heal on the inside?

I dont know why im thinking about this now...im just having one of those down and emotional days. I just want to hear your views and your experiences...

Return to “Ask the Experienced”