Wow...BP post partum

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alexa5

Re : Wow...BP post partum

Postby alexa5 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 08:31 am

It will work itself out...it just takes some time. The first few weeks and months make it seem like it will go on forever, but then you will hit a point that you feel more like yourself after the hormones work themselves out. I had slight visual disturbances for a while, and as for the brain, quite honestly I think having a baby in general does that to you.... my memory/brain has never gone back to what it was before I had my son :-) It is called mommy brain :-)

sarah0381

Re : Wow...BP post partum

Postby sarah0381 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 09:26 pm

I'm 8wks pp and an still suffering from awful headaches that won't go away with any meds but pain meds. Blurred/double vision, and facial swelling. I just had an MRI today and it was normal too. I'm right there with you!! I think pe really affects our brains and unfortunately Boone knows what to do with us. I'm beginning to feel like people think I'm just making this all up!! I just don't know what to do about this anymore!!! Good luck to you!!

kqkitty

Wow...BP post partum

Postby kqkitty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 02:42 pm

So, I'm 4 months post partum and I was feeling a little dizzy. I decided to take my blood pressure lying on my left side just to see.

It was 94/50!

To think that my OB was okay with 140/90s while pregnant!!!

Thankfully, I appear to have a healthy baby girl with no issues from my BP. I still think that I had some cerebral swelling and damage, though. I started having double vision and myoclonic jerks after delivery (with no Magnesium). The MRI came back fine, but I still wonder. I still get visual disturbances and my brain is really not what it used to be.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”