anyone with no underlying disorders?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
amandamm

Re : anyone with no underlying disorders?

Postby amandamm » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:46 am

Yup, I had no underlying disorders. I now have Graves disease, but I am sure I didn't have it before because I was tested between babies. My MFM said I had chronic placental iscemic diease or something... but it was kinda an after thing...

amypete

Postby amypete » Sat Oct 09, 2010 02:03 pm

I, too, have no underlying disorders, and yet I had four pre-e pregnancies. 2 were mild, and 2 were severe. I didn't do all the testing possible, and now I'm not planning on being pregnant again, so I guess it will always be a mystery.

sckitzo

Postby sckitzo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:50 am

Yep, I am one of the ones who messes up all the statistics. I am between 20 and 35, normal weight, low BP, no family history, etc. I had severe PE at 33 weeks with my first. Then went on to have severe Pe that turned into elcampsia, with Hellp at 23 weeks with my second. I was tested for autoimmune, Blood Clotting, Lupus, Factor 5 about 17 vials of blood. But everything was normal. Everything says I am perfectly healthy. I wish I could give you more answers, but unfortunately I am still looking for the same answers you are.

jurate00

Postby jurate00 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:07 am

i didnt go to MFM yet for consult. But after my PE pregnancy my OB did run tests for clotting disorders and all came back negative. I am sure i need to get more tests done on autoimmune conditions.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:13 pm

no underlying disorder except sickle cell

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 08:31 am

None here and I had a pre-e pregnancy. I think many people here have had pre-e more than once and did not have underlying conditions.

atvlady

Postby atvlady » Wed Oct 06, 2010 09:21 pm

Same here although I do have a couple of conditins that are under control, I am still searching for answers.

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Wed Oct 06, 2010 06:16 pm

Yup, no underlying disorders and no chronic hypertension here, and severe pre-e twice. I had the tests for the slew of autoimmune and clotting disorders and everything was negative.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Oct 06, 2010 01:06 pm

After my oldest child was born, I was diagnosed with Chronic Hypertension, so I do have an underlying condition in that sense. Have you been tested for autoimmune disorders? There is a pretty comprehensive set of blood tests they can order to try and determine if you have any. I think mine involved like 15 vials of blood or soemthing horrible like that (I fainted during the blood draw), but came out with the knowledge that I did not have an underlying autoimmune disorder. Good luck.

rgrwife

anyone with no underlying disorders?

Postby rgrwife » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:15 am

Has anyone here had PE in multiple pregnancies with no underlying disorders, not even high blood pressure?

I had PE in both pregnancies, the second time it came earlier and with HELLP. It's my understanding that it's not the "norm" to get it worse the second time around. I had some tests done before my second pregnancy, everything came back normal. I know they checked my thyroid function and iron levels but I'm not sure what else. I also don't fit into any of the risk factor categories (other than pregnancy #1 being my first, and pregnancy #2 having already had it).

Did anyone's doctor do any tests after the pregnancies to try to "find" anything? I know PE can sometimes be chalked up to "random chance" but is more than once really "random chance"?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”