5.5 lbs in two weeks?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re : 5.5 lbs in two weeks?

Postby heather j » Wed Oct 06, 2010 03:29 pm

My experience - with this pregnancy - has been exactly what Alysha described. I'll go three or four weeks holding steady or losing weight, then pack on five pounds in two weeks. I've been gaining like this since week 12 or so. Some amount of swelling can be completely normal. Is it going down at night? If so, that's a good sign. I'd definitely keep an eye on it in conjunction with any other symptoms you may have going on and keep reporting them.

alsgirl2002

Postby alsgirl2002 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:14 am

Alysha - thanks. I'm looking forward to being done with pregnancy forever. It clearly doesn't agree with my body so I'm stopping at 2.

aggie95mom

Postby aggie95mom » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:04 am

Your doctor is certainly the expert here, but I can tell you from my experience in this pregnancy is that is how my weight gain has gone. I've been having growth scans for the baby every 4 weeks, too, and when it seems like I've gained a lot of weight all of a sudden, she measures bigger, too, and my fluid level is a little bit higher.

Certainly keep an eye on it, watch your BP, and if you are getting worried, you can always ask your doctor to run labs.

I love being able to have another baby, but I have to admit there is a big part of me that will not miss worrying about so many things every day!

alsgirl2002

5.5 lbs in two weeks?

Postby alsgirl2002 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am

I went almost a full month without gaining anything, so I expected some rapid weight gain. Does 5.5 lbs within 2 weeks sound ok? I think I'm holding some water in my legs, particularly my left since it feels wierd, but not my feet. Wierd huh? You would think that gravity would pull it down. Anyone but me wouldn't recognize it as swelling though, I just know cuz its my body. Face is puffy too, but nothing the dr thinks is unusual. No pitting though.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”